SHIREGREEN do you want Virgin internet/tv/phone

HOT LIPZ

SHIREGREEN do you want Virgin internet/tv/phone if so choose the appropriate choice on the link I and my neighbours are fed up of crap internet speeds and dodgy phone lines please Help to get us into this century thank you

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-30Mb-Setup-Equipment/Want-Cable-been-told-it-s-not-available-We-might-be-able-to-help/td-p/20585

Shiregreen already has access to superfast broadband!! Wouldn't it be better to support local enterprise and get 24 - 70Mb with Origin? :-)

It won't work though will it? I also paid for faster broadband and its exactly the same speed as the last one, nothing improves it because the system just won't support it where I live despite claims otherwise its just a waste of money :(

I would absolutly love to get virgin on my road, aparently its one of the worst in the area for internet connection and we can only receive a quarter of a meg at most so cant watch i player ect as all it does is freeze with slow speeds i moved from talk talk to sky but was told its the age of the wires and how far away from box we were and nothing could be done until it gets rewired. My mum is 2 mins away and has virgin and hers is so much faster so i definatly agree we need it here

It won't work though will it? I also paid for faster broadband and its exactly the same speed as the last one, nothing improves it because the system just won't support it where I live despite claims otherwise its just a waste of money :(

Is that not a case of false advertising then or do they escape that kind of thing 'neath a litter of jargon?

Are you already an origin customer? Anyone with us in the area should certainly get a faster speed as our fibre is on the street there.

Different technologies, they use FTTC (Fiber to the cabinet). ADSL speed (what you are on) is determined by distance from the exchange. FTTC is determined by distance from your street cab(the green box).

For example:

I used to get 12meg(on an upto 24mb package with bethere) (I think I was 2km from exchange).

I moved to Origin (on the Digital Region network) on the middle package (the package offers a max of 40meg down and 10 meg up) and now receive a download speed of around 39meg and an upload of nearly 10.

Edited by Bonjon

Is that not a case of false advertising then or do they escape that kind of thing 'neath a litter of jargon?

Yes I guess that it is false advertising we were assured that upgrading would help the internet speeds but it makes not one bit of difference it merely costs more!

And to be fair no we are not Origin customers and it is true that we have ADSL and not fiber, the truth is though that people in the area are being miss sold internet and definitely not getting even close to what we pay for (which if the weather is bad is actually often nothing).

Yes I guess that it is false advertising we were assured that upgrading would help the internet speeds but it makes not one bit of difference it merely costs more!

And to be fair no we are not Origin customers and it is true that we have ADSL and not fiber, the truth is though that people in the area are being miss sold internet and definitely not getting even close to what we pay for (which if the weather is bad is actually often nothing).

Well, our VDSL is a much better prospect if you're within 1000m of a cabinet. feel free to pop your postcode into our checker to see if you're live. The info doesn't come through to us unless you actually request a callback.