Sheffield Star non-stories megathread

In today's Star there is an article about an apointment of a new principle at the Park Springs academy...knowhere in the article does it even state where exactly this academy is! isn't stating where something is that you're reporting on a rudimentary basic in journalism??

God help us! What a load of moaning minnies, whingers and t*sspots you lot are to keep having a go at The Star. If only half of you could string two or three words together (and then spell them) you might appreciate it’s not a bad local newspaper. Not great but then management cutbacks are responsible for that. And, yes, newspapers cover small stories as well as big ones and love a quirky story. Sheffield Forum should be a lively alternative area for debate not a day centre for the mentally and socially challenged. Now get a life.

But it's not a quirky story thousands of minis have a Union Flag on the roof. What makes this so special?

Anyone else puzzled by the advert on page 18 of last night's Star? It says "shop for your perfect career...... every Thursday throughout January in the Star". It has a sales tag with "January sales" on the ad & pictures of people holding shopping bags.

Am I missing something?!

Edited by irenewilde

Im afraid the Sheffield Star publishes to many out of Sheffield stories, Im not interested in Barnsley, Chesterfield, Buxton etc Im interested in Sheffield. Most of the stories they print are about events thats happening not what I would call news. The best storyline Ive seen in recent weeks was "Budgies die in fire" I personally like the Saturday edition simply because of the RETRO with all its old pictures and the where thi ells that column. Other than that its just a complete waste of money.

Rachael Clegg - Family Matters...

"marshall arts"

For goodness sake........

Im afraid the Sheffield Star publishes to many out of Sheffield stories, Im not interested in Barnsley, Chesterfield, Buxton etc Im interested in Sheffield.

In fairness it's not called the *Sheffield* Star. It's a paper for the local area so it's not just going to cover Sheffield.

The Star is delivered around 9am into newsagents, then held on school days until the kids have finished school to deliver them. in the school holidays you can them delivered around 10.am.

If that is called the news of the day then they can keep it,

We only get old news one day later.

To confirm this, Saturday i went for petrol at 8.30am to morrisons (catcliffe) and low and behold on sale Saturdays Star

Can anyone tell me what happened to the sheffield final.

Today's edition of The Star was actually available for sale at 05:30am in a newsagents not too from Morrisons (Catcliffe).

As for Sheffield final, that has ceased to exist.

Not The Star this time, but the Beeb, but equally up there in the "non story" leagues:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18032672

Four French travellers narrowly avoided a holiday disaster after they wrongly booked a hotel in their own country for a visit to the Scottish island of Jura.

The men believed they had booked the Isle of Jura Hotel but had actually reserved rooms in the Hotel Le Jura.

God help us! What a load of moaning minnies, whingers and t*sspots you lot are to keep having a go at The Star. If only half of you could string two or three words together (and then spell them) you might appreciate it’s not a bad local newspaper. Not great but then management cutbacks are responsible for that. And, yes, newspapers cover small stories as well as big ones and love a quirky story. Sheffield Forum should be a lively alternative area for debate not a day centre for the mentally and socially challenged. Now get a life.

It's a crap local paper, who are you trying to kid.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/star-bizarre/sheffield-jo-s-driving-the-flag-for-jubilee-1-4524898

THE flag is always flying for Jo Simpson - who’s taken Jubilee and Olympic fever to new heights by having her car bonnet painted with a giant union jack.

Jo, aged 30, said she had her red Peugeot 305 resprayed as she ‘wanted to do something different’ - adding her novel idea has won the approval of neighbours on Askew Court, Stocksbridge.

The car was painted by Jolene’s partner Zak Hussain, 40, who did the job armed with only a spray can and a roll of duct tape.

“It’s pretty good actually, quite neat,” said the mum-of-two. “A lot of people think it’s a transfer. It was just a mad thought, really. I thought it was something a bit different. Everybody is going on about the Queen’s Jubilee so I thought I would do something.”

Jo said she decided to overhaul the Y-reg motor because she was didn’t like its original colour, and that Zak honed his painting skills in his college days, when he studied art and design.

“I’m not that patriotic, really. I bought this car and it had a silver bonnet on it. I thought to myself, how can I make it look better?

“With the jubilee coming up and the 2012 Olympics there’ll be a lot of Union Jacks around. Everybody says it looks cool, you do get a lot of people looking at it. It’s not every day you see a car with a Union Jack on the bonnet. It might give other people ideas as well to do something different.”

Jo, who has a 10-year-old son, Danny, and a five-year-old daughter, Alishah, said the car will take pride of place beside the bunting and trestle tables at a Stocksbridge street party for the Jubilee.

“I was already planning that before I did the car,” she added.

I'm having my car resprayed.... shall I let the star know? lol

Crikey! Slow news day eh?!

our car is blue, that's one of the colours of the union jack, might give them a call!