Sheffield Star non-stories megathread

thats how bad the star is lol

I snook into their newsroom the other day and found the editor hard at work, he was in the process of proof reading quite a few stories so I don't think it's fair of us to criticise really.

Naturally, I knew the good folks of Sheffield forum would want evidence to such a statement so I took a photo.

The editor working hard.

He looks far too sensible and responsible to be editor of a "paper" like The Sheffield Star!

They just keep doing it, for christ sake when are they going to sort their lives out...

Murder investigation launched after woman’s body found

NEIGHBOURS have spoken off their shock after a woman was found dead at her home in Sheffield.

I know it's petty but these are 'Supposed' to be professionals.

I snook into their newsroom the other day and found the editor hard at work, he was in the process of proof reading quite a few stories so I don't think it's fair of us to criticise really.

Naturally, I knew the good folks of Sheffield forum would want evidence to such a statement so I took a photo.

The editor working hard.

Do you mean 'snuck' into their newsroom?

Shock rise in hyperboles in the sheffield star, reffering to Friday's 18th may 2012 front page.

SHOCK RISE IN BENEIFT CHEATS.

SOME 327 CASES INVOLVED PEOPLE ILLEGALY CLAIMING SINGLE PERSON'S DISCOUNT ON THEIR COUNCIL TAX, COSTING THE AUTHORITY £39,537.

Sounds a lot doesn't it. 39537 / 52 = £720 weekly. 727 / 327 = £2.32

So 327 people are 2.32 better off a week, hardly a story, but the media likes to exagerate.

£2.32? £2.32?!!!!!!

Bloody hell, thats breaking the bank!

Good point. Interesting to compare that figure with the estimated £180m that the Government's welfare reforms are going to take out of benefits in Sheffield. :(

Shock rise in hyperboles in the sheffield star, reffering to Friday's 18th may 2012 front page.

SHOCK RISE IN BENEIFT CHEATS.

SOME 327 CASES INVOLVED PEOPLE ILLEGALY CLAIMING SINGLE PERSON'S DISCOUNT ON THEIR COUNCIL TAX, COSTING THE AUTHORITY £39,537.

Sounds a lot doesn't it. 39537 / 52 = £720 weekly. 727 / 327 = £2.32

So 327 people are 2.32 better off a week, hardly a story, but the media likes to exagerate.

Overclaim £2.32 a week and they will prosecute and criminalise struggling families ,but run a multi national company, squirrel your millions of pounds of profit away in Luxemburg and other tax havens ,avoid paying tax and the Government does NOTHING.

Considering this post from November last year:

"Due to the backlog in proccesing claims Capita (whom work on behalf of Sheffield Council) have announced to staff that they will not be investigating ANY benefit fraud.

Fraud officers have been moved over to help out with the new claims (as have other officers from various departments).

The fraud team was significantly cut during the last budget cuts, which meant that very little fraud was actually investigated anyway, now nothing will even be considered.

So if you fancy a fiddler get on it, Sheffield Council doesnt care!!! "

I don't think the rise can really be described as a shock. What did they think would happen???