Found - A really old driving license

I joined SF specifically to try to re-unite the original owner with a piece of her past...i didn't realise that SF contained such politically correct nutters :loopy: how many names and addresses do you know?.....do you all go out and commit fraud with such info? I've never heard such pompous rubbish....:roll:

that was just one person, you get oddballs everywhere, dont let one nutcase put you off, it was a nice gesture, good luck on your quest :) :)

I joined SF specifically to try to re-unite the original owner with a piece of her past...i didn't realise that SF contained such politically correct nutters :loopy: how many names and addresses do you know?.....do you all go out and commit fraud with such info? I've never heard such pompous rubbish....:roll:

It's unfortunately the way it works...you can have an opinion about anything you want, just so long as it's everybody else's opinion. You're much better off out of it...

PS: A long shot I know but might be worth a try.

Gawd, I feel really old now! - I was driving in 1975 :hihi:

To the OP - welcome to SF, and don't let the PC nutters drive you down! Why not drop a line to the address on the licence, addressing it to "the occupier", and asking if Susan Baker still lives there, or if they know the whereabouts of her? She, or her relatives, might be very pleased to get the licence back, even if it is just as a souvenir.

Let us know if you manage to trace her.

I am an antiques dealer and have recently acquired an Edwardian Stationery Box. Whilst I was polishing it, i noticed that an old fashioned driving license had slipped down the back of one of the compartments. It is dated 10th November 1975 and the name is Mrs Susan Baker, <REMOVED>

If the lady wants to contact me or indeed her family if she is not now living or if anyone knows her. Please get in touch and I will gladly return the license. :)

Stop whittling about it, the person will have replaced it by now if they are still living and need one. There is no reason why they would want this one returned from 1975 is there :confused: Regarding the address, I wouldn't want mine put on this forum whether its from 1975 or not !

1975 - really old driving license? I have one issued in 1959!

unfortunately it was mine!! It came attached to a Ford Popular

Delux which meant for £370 including purchace tax came with

two windshield wipers.

As far as I was concerned it was capable of 120 mph. In actual

fact it ran out of breath trying to achieve 60!! Saw some action though.

O.S

Archived