Phoenix Pub Ridgeway

Looking to take family out for a meal. Heard this place was good, had a look on trip advisor and had some decent reports (if I've looked at the right Phoenix correctly :D). Family have also had a look on internet and have said they've seen bad reports. Just wondered if anyone had been recently and could confirm what it's like. I know it's all a matter of (subjective) opinion, but any (constructive) feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I went thursday and its good, the two for £10 is good too.

Most times that we have been it has been very good but on the odd occasion I have been disappointed . It usually seems to be when a large group of us go. I think they might have problems trying to keep all the food hot to bring it out at the same time.

Looking to take family out for a meal. Heard this place was good, had a look on trip advisor and had some decent reports (if I've looked at the right Phoenix correctly :D). Family have also had a look on internet and have said they've seen bad reports. Just wondered if anyone had been recently and could confirm what it's like. I know it's all a matter of (subjective) opinion, but any (constructive) feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

the 2 for £10 fish n chips is good value.

Took my son and his wife and two children a few weeks ago at Sunday lunchtime,all six of us were disappointed,processed meat on Sunday lunch is not very nice at all,sweets were expensive as were minerals.

I came out nearly a hundred quid lighter and we all vowed to give it a wide berth in future.

i go regularly and have never had a bad meal but i havent tried the sunday roasts. lasagne is lovely, and the 'specials' board varies regularly.

desserts prob not worth the money, restaurant portion rather than pub

Its just another chain pub with the standard of food and service that goes with that type of place, ok if your passing but not somewhere to go out of your way for.

Whenever we've been it's been lovely! I have never had a complaint about the place other than you sometimes can't find a table cos it's so busy!

They need to sort their ales out,speckled hen and green king ipa.....yuk

Its just another chain pub with the standard of food and service that goes with that type of place, ok if your passing but not somewhere to go out of your way for.

And wheres your local...... kfc?????:loopy:

sunday lunch is nice and good value for 9quid, its not processed meet either, its beef , turkey or pork from a joint. it is what it is, decent pub food.

And wheres your local...... kfc?????:loopy:

Dont know what your getting at mate, I've said what it is. If I was taking my family out for a meal I would never go to a chain pub for food. If I was out and wanted a reasonable (at best) and quick meal I might consider one.