Does anone fish any propper fisheries not carp puddles

how many off you still fish real fisheries like the Dam Flask & other fisheries like that.

Personaly i like fisheriels like this because it isnt just stuffed full of carp like most of them.

Admittingly i like catching the big carp andfishing these fisheries but i think that the fishing is to easy in the carp puddles

So do you fish the natural waters?

as a club angler i fish a lot of commercial fisheries on matches, but i do still enjoy fishing canals, rivers and natural venues. one of my favourite natural venues is harlsthorpe dam at clowne.

I used to spend all my time fishing more natural venues like the Flask & rivers, but since 98 I've been unable to due to circumstances. I now spend nearly all my time at Aston KJS.

& while I agree with you that sometimes through the summer it seems all too easy, for me from autumn to spring it's very different.

I also think your comment about puddles is wrong as more than a little thought goes into the design of new venues today, that must be down to planning regulations.

The reason commercial fisheries are easy is because anglers demand high stocking levels.

as a club angler i fish a lot of commercial fisheries on matches, but i do still enjoy fishing canals, rivers and natural venues. one of my favourite natural venues is harlsthorpe dam at clowne.

Is there still a head of trout in there ? I recall fishing there years ago when it was a fly fishery.

never heard of any trout in there but i woulsnt say i am a regular up there!!

i might fish a commercial fishery once a year just for the sake of it. i generally stick to the trent, underbank, flask etc. these carp puddles don't interest me. i did have a phase some years ago when i was match fishing where i was always at drayton, decoy etc. but i got bored with the monotony of it all. i like the variation of what i do now.

never heard of any trout in there but i woulsnt say i am a regular up there!!

The large Dam was heavilly stocked with some really large trout in the 80's, I don't know whether they netted it or not to remove them but in its hey day it was a really good fishery.

i finish work at 2 so i get to fish most evenings in the summer. i might be knocking out 15 - 25lb of roach one evening on my local pond, floater fishing for carp on the canal, fishing the stick or waggler on the don or sitting it out for slabs at underbank. with such a range of waters to go at it's a shame just to stick to one type.

I fished Bolingey (not sure of spelling) in Cornwall, that was a real carp puddle, enjoyable for the first day or so, same old thing next time we went. Literally took 350-400lbs of 9-11lbs carp out in a day, infact I was setting a feeder up which was tangled and so dropped line in water right on edge of deck, and a fish took bait that had been on their 3 days, a dead dried up maggot. Didn't even realise the bait was on it was that chewed up. Had to cut the line as couldn't pull it in due to line being tangled.

I've fished more skillfull fisheries, the site we stay on at Cornwall is a good site. Whiteacres, the lakes on there have some real skill to them, I watched my Uncle draw bream right into the edge with a waggle upto a point where he could use his top 3 pole sections.

Below is the type of fish you were racking in every 5 minutes at Bolingey. You'd catch 3-4 of these on the same bait. Not complaining though! It's better than being at work!!

NGISa.jpg

Edited by AdamDowning

This is why i enjoy Carterhall (top pond) lovely mixed fishery but mainly silvers.

My brothers and I will be fishing the trent this year,as we tried it a couple of times last year and it looks like its picking up again.