Fake police range rover

When I was a kid some bloke who lived near to where I grew up had a replica American police car, look nothing like a British police car. The police made him take the lights off the roof even though they weren't functional.

i think you are talking about malcolm bishop. i seem to remember he had a scrap yard in the catcliffe area,

could be any kind of rescue vehicle, our motorsport rescue units are fully striped, and blue lighted as they are also a fully equipped ambulance and can (have) been used for RTAs on the way to and from race meetings, they also carry cutting equipment and usually a qualified A&E doctor!

This image is of the Highways Agency Traffic Officers Vehicle

Highways Agency Traffic Officer

Yeah, but HATOs are yellow/black, not yellow/blue like the Police.

Usual UK markings:

Police Yellow / Blue

Ambulance and doctors Yellow / Green

Fire and Rescue Yellow / Red

National Blood Service Yellow / Orange

Highways Agency and VOSA Yellow / Black

Rail response Blue / Orange

Mountain rescue White / Orange

HM Coastguard Yellow / Navy Blue

When I was a kid some bloke who lived near to where I grew up had a replica American police car, look nothing like a British police car. The police made him take the lights off the roof even though they weren't functional.

That was Malcolm Bishop who used to own Bishop car salvage, great bloke got lots of parts for my old cars from him until the bypass was built and the council forced him to close down.

Mal if you're reading this I was the one with the clapped out mini which looked like it should've been in your scrapyard years before which needless to say didn't last much longer.....

That was Malcolm Bishop who used to own Bishop car salvage, great bloke got lots of parts for my old cars from him until the bypass was built and the council forced him to close down.

Mal if you're reading this I was the one with the clapped out mini which looked like it should've been in your scrapyard years before which needless to say didn't last much longer.....

Which bypass was that, the Malcolm Bishop I knew was based just off East Bank Road on Myrtle Road, but then again that was the early seventies.