Fake police range rover

The other Sunday while on my travels to sister in laws we saw a fake police range rover. It was on queens street s2.

It was white

It had an LED slim line police flashing light on the roof

It had things in the back like road cones and day glow jackets as you see in motorway police cars

It also had the yellow and blue checker board all around it

99.9% a copy of a genuine police vehicle

The only thing different it had RESCUE where it should say police.

Is this right ? Can someone drive around almost in a police car without getting pulled ?

The other Sunday while on my travels to sister in laws we saw a fake police range rover. It was on queens street s2.

It was white

It had things in the back like road cones and day glow jackets as you see in motorway police cars

Is this right ? Can someone drive around almost in a police car without getting pulled ?

As long as the blue checker is non reflective its quite legal, if the blue cheker is reflective then its illegal.

When I was a kid some bloke who lived near to where I grew up had a replica American police car, look nothing like a British police car. The police made him take the lights off the roof even though they weren't functional.

Someone top of the hill around here has a matt black and white ford fiesta made to look like an American police car, it has police and 911 stickers and stuff on.

The other Sunday......

You were so concerned that you waited a week or two before posting on here instead of reporting it to the police straight away and asking them?

Fake police range rover.

I saw a fake RESCUE vehicle last month. It was 99.9% identical except it had POLICE on it.

It was white

It will be a motorway rescue vehicle - quite a few construction companies have them

Archived