Kilner Way Retail Park thread

That posh bloke with the double barrelled surname - Foox-**** or summat

?! You've lost me here

?! You've lost me here

Chim

Aka Jeremiah Sandals

Aka Big Malc

Definitely going to be a Poundland on there. Possibly end of August.

Now, I heard this the other day. The Sainsbury's just down the road from there isn't doing very well and if things don't improve their going to pull out.

Chim

Aka Jeremiah Sandals

Aka Big Malc

is Chim big malc? I'm confused!

Who the chuff are you lol

Now, I heard this the other day. The Sainsbury's just down the road from there isn't doing very well and if things don't improve their going to pull out.

this doesn't surprise me at all (it's always empty) but if they pull out it will be so bad for the area. i hope they've invested so much that they need to give it a bit longer... :(

You would assume so, it didn't look like a cheap place to build - I assume they had to pay for some of the road works to be done as well??

Supermarkets usually require a year or so to settle in and become part of the consciousness in the local area. Yesterday it was pretty busy there.

But, and this is a big but, I don't feel it adds anything we didn't already have, I find on fresh it is completely dominated by Morrisons, on booze, wine and beer in particular, it is no match for any of the other big supermarkets, price-wise it is failing to impress me as well, day to day shopping is definitely more expensive there.

We used to go to the one on Archer Road once a month or so, just to see if there were any offers we liked etc. That is what we still do. It isn't competitive enough to attract customers from a rapidly improving Morrisons and a cheap Asda, Aldi, Netto (the one on Kilner Way seems to be struggling as well imo) and Lidl in the area.

Having said that, when Kilner Way is full of shops that people WANT to go to, it might pick up trade from there.

It was dropped into a fairly saturated market already though, and IMO Sainsburys don't really do anything to stand out from the crowd.

I do like the Tu clothing, and they do great pizzas lol. Wouldn't do a weekly shop there though, we have got used to getting basics in Aldi and bits and pieces through the week from anywhere else.

The quality of meat and cheese we've found to be good from Sainsbury's, although I don't do a full shop there. We're spoilt for choice in S6, apart from having a Waitrose. ;)

It was dropped into a fairly saturated market already though, and IMO Sainsburys don't really do anything to stand out from the crowd.

We do bit shopping at Sainsburys but that is all, there is something about the place, they do not seem to stock a wide enough range for us as a family.

The quality of meat and cheese we've found to be good from Sainsbury's, although I don't do a full shop there. We're spoilt for choice in S6, apart from having a Waitrose. ;)
And there lies the rub. We go to Sainsburys for some stuff, Aldis for other stuff, Iceland for frozen stuff, Netto does other stuff and we get fresh stuff from the market or Simmonites or farm shops. Why should we be loyal to one? Its a buyers market and its great for us, we eat well and pretty cheaply if you know where to go