Should cycle riders stay in single file?

How far is a safe distance? How long is a piece of string?

The fact remains that cyclists should ride in single file. If they choose not to, they are already breaking the spirit of the law and if the odd one or two get knocked off....SO BE IT!:)

It is because you are fat and lazy and probably cycled only with the aid of stabilisers.If you cycle it will remove so much of the stress you have accumulated,sharpen your intellect and raise your mood.It can even enhance your sex-life so your husband will be happy.

The theory that appears to be emerging here is that cyclists should be allowed to take lots of room up as they could have been a tractor. I don't get it!:loopy:

It's about discouraging poor motorists from squeezing past when there is not enough room for them to do so safely.

It is because you are fat and lazy and probably cycled only with the aid of stabilisers.If you cycle it will remove so much of the stress you have accumulated,sharpen your intellect and raise your mood.It can even enhance your sex-life so your husband will be happy.

I run half marathons. I train 4 times per week. I am not arrogant and my training and pleasure derived does not affect anyone else. I am very fit. If I wished to become a bigoted selfish patronising nerd however, I could take up cycling instead. I trust that this adequately answers your drivel.:cool:

Cyclists should not be allowed on busy roads...PERIOD!

there is a lot of sense in that, but mainly in the sense that its more likely a cyclist will be flattened in heavier traffic. What cyclists fail to realise is that whilst their chosen mode of transport IS very eco friendly and quite healthy, its also worth noting that vehicle types and quantity has changed considerably over the years. More traffic, bigger vehicles etc. Yes, ban the sodding things from the road, but give them a better cycle lane system to travel safer, and not get in the way of progress of the motor vehicle. While my view on cyclists is very grim, they are here to stay, and its true there is good and bad in all road users but surely the cyclist is most vunerable, and should be avoided/ignored/insulted at all costs until both can live together in perfect harmony;)