Should cycle riders stay in single file?

A place near me where I both cycle and drive. 6 miles of winding country roads. On more than 1 occasion I have followed the 3 side by side cycleists at 8 mph all the 6 miles because it was unsafe to overtake and they were not willing to pull over. Is this the way it should be?

I have experienced such moronic behaviour too. They are totally brain dead!

A place near me where I both cycle and drive. 6 miles of winding country roads. On more than 1 occasion I have followed the 3 side by side cycleists at 8 mph all the 6 miles because it was unsafe to overtake and they were not willing to pull over. Is this the way it should be?

Of course not, cyclist should not be riding 3 abreast and it is out of order for them to be cycling in such a manner.

Sadly we live in a world of both idiot cyclist and motorist alike.

For every idiot cyclist story, we could easily match it with a idiot motorist story.

That is probably because cyclists cannot afford proper transport as they are on the dole.:roll:

You obviously haven't seen the price of a decent road bike.

They should keep in single file anyhow as a thank you to the road users who pay tax and pay the costs of maintaining the roads for them to freeload on.

The money raised from VED wouldn't cover the cost of motorways so even if it was reserved for spending on roads cyclists wouldn't benefit from it.

It you really don't think cyclists contribute to road maintenance, have a look at your last council tax leaflet and look for the bit that mentions the highways department.

What would have happened if the cyclists were to be a tractor,a horse and trap or some other motorists who had a red flag displayed?

What would have happened if the cyclists were to be a tractor,a horse and trap or some other motorists who had a red flag displayed?

Then that is fair enough I would wait behind because they are wide vehicles and cannot help taking the room they require

Archived