Meadowhall previous shops

Anybody remember where Free-spirit were when they sold bikes, I have a picture of downstairs on a corner, but can't work out where!

Where Next was was free spirit it's now top man / top shop

Did Meadowhall open all at once, or did it open bit by bit?

I moved to Sheffield just before Meadowhall opened. Over the years there have always been quite a few vacant units. At first I believed the hype that they'd eventually all be filled.

Does anyone remember a shop that sold kitchen items? I think it was situated at the bottom of the escalators near claires but I could be wrong. I think it was also a female clothing store at some point.

This is interesting to look back at how it was. I wonder if Meadowhall has an archive of previous maps that we could view.

C&A lower floor was where Argos is now..

I don't remember that at all. That would make the upstairs was in a completely different place! I'm not saying you're wrong, I just have no recollection of it!

One of the shops i used to like was a big jigsaw shop, all the 3D ones used to be set up and there was jigsaws everywhere. As a kid my niece used to love going in. Cant remember where it was in meadowhall though.

there's a meadowhall tv archive on youtube with a few clips.

Off topic (sort of) but what happened to that woman who used to do all the filming in meadowhall and then broadcast on the screen in the Oasis (not the most recent, younger one)

Off topic (sort of) but what happened to that woman who used to do all the filming in meadowhall and then broadcast on the screen in the Oasis (not the most recent, younger one)

Georgey spanswick!

Still knocks about on Leeds radio stations.

Does anyone remember a shop that sold kitchen items? I think it was situated at the bottom of the escalators near claires but I could be wrong. I think it was also a female clothing store at some point.
Wasn`t it called Spoils?

She did a bit on Radio Sheffield late nights before Christmas too.

The old C&A was a weird shaped place with an upstairs entrance where WH Smith is now and the downstairs entrance at the back where Argos is.

Does anyone remember right down the other end near Debenhams, what is currently Top Man, there was a hairdressers and a betting shop but what else ?

Wasn`t it called Spoils?

Thats the one! What a weird shop to stick in my memory, especially as I'd have only been a teenager at the time :|