Meadowhall previous shops

And Bow Bangles, next to the oasis on the upper floor - a cheaper 'claires' lol. All my earrings and junk jewellery came from there!

I don't remember that at all. That would make the upstairs was in a completely different place! I'm not saying you're wrong, I just have no recollection of it!

C & A's upper floor entrance was at the top of the escalator , on the left. next to WH Smiths.

As you walked in there was the mens' department on either side of a long central aisle ( sort of like a T shape ) which brought you to two escalators

to go to the childrens' department on the lower floor (now Argos). The Ladies' department was to the left of the escalators upstairs and ran right up to the big window that overlooks what was the C & A entrance car park.... next to Sainsburys' car park.

I remember the Iceland store next to C & A on the ground floor and ''Market Street'' just around the corner with the bakery, the greengrocer, the butcher, the egg stall, the cheese shop , the coffee shop, the nut stall and the wine shop....sure there were more of those little shops there.

I wonder if that area is still mapped as 'Market Street' :roll:...have to look next time I go down there.

C & A's upper floor entrance was at the top of the escalator , on the left. next to WH Smiths.

As you walked in there was the mens' department on either side of a long central aisle ( sort of like a T shape ) which brought you to two escalators

to go to the childrens' department on the lower floor (now Argos). The Ladies' department was to the left of the escalators upstairs and ran right up to the big window that overlooks what was the C & A entrance car park.... next to Sainsburys' car park.

I remember the Iceland store next to C & A on the ground floor and ''Market Street'' just around the corner with the bakery, the greengrocer, the butcher, the egg stall, the cheese shop , the coffee shop, the nut stall and the wine shop....sure there were more of those little shops there.

I wonder if that area is still mapped as 'Market Street' :roll:...have to look next time I go down there.

Yes it is still called market street

Where Warren James is now, was a restaurant called The Chocolate Factory (I think) and they did an amazing ice cream sundae :love:

I used to work in a shop called Ingredients in Meadowhall, downstairs on right as you walk up the little extension to M&S. Only lasted a couple of years at most I think - 1999-2001/2 I would guess. Great place to work though, just a bit expensive for customers.

so did i, until it went into liquidation!

One of the shops i used to like was a big jigsaw shop, all the 3D ones used to be set up and there was jigsaws everywhere. As a kid my niece used to love going in. Cant remember where it was in meadowhall though.

Is this still in the lanes???

I used to work in a shop called Ingredients in Meadowhall, downstairs on right as you walk up the little extension to M&S. Only lasted a couple of years at most I think - 1999-2001/2 I would guess. Great place to work though, just a bit expensive for customers.

My daughter was assistant manager there, the bread was delicious I used to try all the different types.

What ever happen to the sweater shop ?

Mmmm 90s pastle colours.....

I used to do my weekly shop at Sainsbury's Savacentre and there was a brilliant fish stall in Market Street where I got all my fish.

Anyone remeber Knobs & Knockers shop - it used to be on Park Lane, on the left just before Debenhams and next to The Cookie Jar.

Is this still in the lanes???

No i think thats different, that ones not been there that long

I don't remember that at all. That would make the upstairs was in a completely different place! I'm not saying you're wrong, I just have no recollection of it!

C&A was where Argos is. C&A had an upstairs. Don't forget that where the walkway at the side of WHSmith didn't used to be there. The upstairs of C&A was where the walkway to Next is now and when C&A closed it became Allders dept store - furniture, clothes etc.

I think WHSmith has always been about there

Boots had a smaller upstairs with escalator to the lower level (where Poundland is now). Boots have always had the front half of the store at the side of WHSmith. They took over the back half of the current store when Allders closed. When you went in the entrance to Meadowhall (that is now the Boots car park entrance) you went into a foyer and then branched left for C&A / Allders and right for Boots

Someone mentioned Cantors before but I don't recall that ever being there