Why Does Love Hurt?

Good people of the forum I need your valued advice. I'm having a serious conflict of emotions and could use your experience and opinions. I've been with a long term partner who I thought I loved. We aren't married but are planning to do so in the next few years. I have however been increasingly attracted to another who I work with. We have known each other for a while and I feel the friendship is growing into something else. There are many signs that this is mutual. What should I do as no matter how hard I fight this I can't get my work colleague out of my mind? :confused:

its infatuation with your work colleauge, unless its been past the filrting and kissing stage. in which case it will soon start to come back down to earth for the both of you. then you really have to weigh up the emotional bond between you and your partner. its a tricky one alright. only you can decide whats best to do when you go through things properly in your mind

Follow your temptations. Better to do it now rather than when you are married. Besides, it does not sound like you are getting married any time soon, so, do you want to spend all the time in between wondering.

Also, just because you are betrothed to someone does not mean that you will marry them anyway. They may change their mind about you. Or, like a vast amount of marraiges, you may end up getting divorced anyway. Just because you have agreed to marry someone now, does not mean that this will be so.

I hear so many puritanical people saying how evil it is let your mind wonder about someone else, yet, we are living in the real world here. It does happen. Don't beat yourself up about it. I am not saying treat your partner like dirt. But, you have to live your life for yourself, and, even if you do just that, it does not make you some evil monster.....it means that you are human.

Good people of the forum I need your valued advice. I'm having a serious conflict of emotions and could use your experience and opinions. I've been with a long term partner who I thought I loved. We aren't married but are planning to do so in the next few years. I have however been increasingly attracted to another who I work with. We have known each other for a while and I feel the friendship is growing into something else. There are many signs that this is mutual. What should I do as no matter how hard I fight this I can't get my work colleague out of my mind? :confused:

Two choices: you either knock this idea on head and carry with your partner or you can get it on with this other person. In fact, why stop there... have your cake and eat it :thumbsup: