Jobs to be lost at Sheffield's recycling centres

just wait till this council (and im ashamed to say i voted for them) brings in fortnight collections.where are you all gonna take your extra c##p? they are intent on doing it whether you like it or not!

I`d be willing to pay a £1 per visit as would most people, i use the blackstock road recycling yard quite often. we need to help save jobs.

I`d be willing to pay a £1 per visit as would most people, i use the blackstock road recycling yard quite often. we need to help save jobs.

Yeah and if that gets out we'll be subsidising them. No, i'm not interested in saving their jobs I only want the crazy system to work for us instead of against us. Figure out what the problem is (cost) and deal with it.

At present disposing of waste is simple and flytipping exists. It's the cost and not the opening hours that are causing the problem. There's money to be made from the disposal of waste material and unfortunately there are companies that are willing to break the rules.

There was a programme on a while back about an illegal dump site. The area was rich in wildlife. It was bought under false pretences and fenced off. Cut a long story short, the area is now dead and will be for years to come on account of the waste that was left there. So much was dropped by so many firms seeking to save on the cost that in the end overhead cables on telegraph poles were just over head height.

I agree with you that the cost of traders having to dump their waste encourages fly tipping but restricting the opening hours of the sites must also increase fly tipping. This may have more of an effect on those disposing of domestic waste, but still a slight effect on traders. If someone`s got your car full of waste which they can`t dump, and they`re a bit selfish and anti social as well, I`m sure some would be tempted to just dump it somewhere.

Quite apart from anything else, I pay council tax (and rates on my shop, and income tax come to that) and I use the dump it sites. This is another case of those who pay for stuff, and don`t claim much back, having one of the few services they actually use, cut, and it`s not bleedin` right.

I feel as many people as possible should complain to the council before this misguided policy is implemented.

So murphy y wanna see more people on the dole. Very negative

Yeah coz that's what I meant wasn't it!

I said earlier I wouldn't begrudge paying a nominal amount but it'll become the norm and it wont stop the decision to lay off staff so in the end what purpose would the charge serve?

Correct ,we have ,but not every council tax payer has the benefits of being able to use the tips. Some people are paying for a facility they are barred from using. Hence the vast amount of fly tipping.

Barred...... Explain?

Barred...... Explain?

Council tax payers who drive large vans ,are paying for a service like people who drives cars ,but people who drive large vans CANNOT use the council tips because of the vehicle they drive................. Hence the explosion in fly tipping.

Irespective of signage or not I once tried to unload some rubbish at the Beighton site as i live about a mile from it, they asked my postcode and because it was just outside the Sheffield boundry they refused me entry to the site.

Ive never been asked ,not once ,and i pop cross border and use the sheffield tips on a regular basis .

"Ive never been asked ,not once ,and i pop cross border and use the sheffield tips on a regular basis .

Sir Jeremy Clarkson...........Yorkshire`s Finest"

Penistone999 can't have it both ways.

On the one hand he keeps banging on about how he's barred. Then he says he crosses the border and uses the Sheffield tips on a regular basis.

So, he's not a Sheffield resident, so strictly he should be using the Barnsley area sites - they have one in Penistone. However, the Sheffield staff haven't stopped him for being a non-resident, so he's been fortunate.

Apparently he only has a LWB van? And he says that's barred. Where is it barred - Pensitone? Can't be Sheffield if he's a regular user.

"Ive never been asked ,not once ,and i pop cross border and use the sheffield tips on a regular basis .

Sir Jeremy Clarkson...........Yorkshire`s Finest"

Penistone999 can't have it both ways.

On the one hand he keeps banging on about how he's barred. Then he says he crosses the border and uses the Sheffield tips on a regular basis.

So, he's not a Sheffield resident, so strictly he should be using the Barnsley area sites - they have one in Penistone. However, the Sheffield staff haven't stopped him for being a non-resident, so he's been fortunate.

Apparently he only has a LWB van? And he says that's barred. Where is it barred - Pensitone? Can't be Sheffield if he's a regular user.

Where have i said I own a LWB van ?

Where have i said IM barred from the dump it sites?

NOWHERE........... Im speaking from knowing many lads with LWB vans who are barred from using a facility they pay for with their council tax.

Myself......... I use the deepcar dump on a regular basis ,for my own reasons . I go in 4 or 5 times a week with an estate car full ;), and ive never been pulled up by the lads who work there.

Guest sibon
Where have i said I own a LWB van ?

Where have i said IM barred from the dump it sites?

NOWHERE........... Im speaking from knowing many lads with LWB vans who are barred from using a facility they pay for with their council tax.

Myself......... I use the deepcar dump on a regular basis ,for my own reasons . I go in 4 or 5 times a week with an estate car full ;), and ive never been pulled up by the lads who work there.

Your mates aren't barred from using the sites. It is the vans that are banned.