Mortgage Broker sought/recommended MEGATHREAD

Hi there

Can anybody recommend a mortgage broker in Sheffield?

I'm after somebody who is efficient and knows the market!

TIA

Wathog

I'm getting my mortgage sorted by a company called Park Row Independant Mortgages.

There aren't based in Sheffield but have advisers all over the country. Our adviser is based in Sunderland. They don't need to be in Sheffield to help you out.

Log on to Google and input the above and they'll pop up.

They are very good!

Im going with some one called lee hes self employed but is based at winkworth at hillsbrough or chapeltown hes really good and the advice costs nothing. if you call winkworth they can pass a message on to him

h x

Hello,

Can anyone recommend any good no-fee, whole-of-market mortgage brokers in the Sheffield area?

Thanks in advance

The best I've yet encountered is actually in Colchester. Call Mark Smith on 01206 505325. There's no need to go local really, as the guy can fill in forms anywhere.

Hi There,

Im a fee free whole of market mortgage broker based in Sheffield. I can do office appointments or home visits. Call me on 07930 189833 if you want any advice. I 've worked in the industry nearly 5 years now.

Cheers - Martin

Anita Fawcett at Reed Rains in Hillsborough is very good. She's been very helpful to me and she can help you sort out insurance as well.

Can't remember their phone number of the top of my head but you can find it on yell.com

Is this the best way to go for getting a mortgage these days? Is it better than just approaching a building society like we used to?

I think it is if the bank/building society only sell their own products. Mortgage brokers can search all the providers. I might be wrong but I think the brokers either charge you or they get commission from the lender. I suppose the fairest to the borrower would be where you pay for your advice so that they are not 'pushing' a certain product.

Thanks for all your replies :)

I am looking for a broker because I want to be sure I am not getting a biased selection of mortgages.. Hopefully I can then get a better deal.

That's the theory anyway