Mortgage Broker sought/recommended MEGATHREAD

Most lenders pay procuration fees to the broker and some brokers charge fees in addition to this I do not charge any fees.

Thanks for the reply - do you search whole of market?

Thanks for the reply - do you search whole of market?

Yes I am a whole of market broker

So I take it you didn't pay any broker fees and they took commission from the lender?

Yeah, I'd appreciate their number, thanks :)

Thanks for replying.

yes thats correct, we have been using them for years they sort us out a new mortgage every couple of years as we tend to go with 2yr fixed rates, and in all that time we have never paid them a penny.

I will email you with contact details.

I'm a first time buyer and looking at the best mortgages on the market myself and through several independent mortgage advisors.

Both advisors have given me pretty similar quotes however they are going to charge me £400 to process this for me.

Can I find an advisor who won't charge for this as surely they are making their commision from the bank/building society?

Any help will be most appreciated :)

Some good advice about this on Martin Lewis web site.

Truly independent advisers all charge, because that's the only way to ensure that they aren't going to have their advice swayed by whichever of the lenders would pay them the largest commission.

I'm a first time buyer and looking at the best mortgages on the market myself and through several independent mortgage advisors.

Both advisors have given me pretty similar quotes however they are going to charge me £400 to process this for me.

Can I find an advisor who won't charge for this as surely they are making their commision from the bank/building society?

Any help will be most appreciated :)

It's difficult to find an advisor that does not charge fees there are a few out there but most advisors charge fees especially for first time buyers. My company charge £199 for first time buyers.

Or skip the middle man - HSBC's products are looking pretty good right now and mortgage brokers dont have access to sell them. Personally I think HSBC are right on cusp at present

Hi everyone!

What's the difference between these two and who's best to ask advice about remortgaging? I'd like to find someone reliable who will get commission from the lender, not a fee from me.

Any thoughts/recommendations?

Thanks!

the financial advisor will advise you the best place to put your money for the best returns.the mortgage broker is just that he/she will get you a mortgage, depending on your credit rating the mortgage company will pay the fees

Thanks! I was a bit confused...

does anyone have any recommendations for mortgage brokers then?

Hello

Most banks have their own mortgage brokers, so I would suggest starting there. Hope this helps.