Conveyancing in Sheffield

Irrespective, could you each enlighten SF members how your posts actually assist OP?

Er...'irrespective' of what? Rather a naive question! OP asked for recommendations. When people on an internet forum ask for recommendations the normal expectation is that the recommendations will be from satisfied customers, not the employer/partner of the person being recomended. It's hardly impartial.

In fact, it's a bit sneaky. If youd just said 'This woman works for my firm and she's very good', OP could have made their own mind up on an informed basis as to how much your recommendation was worth. But you didnt.

Edited by aliceBB

Irrespective, could you each enlighten SF members how your posts actually assist OP?

Word of advice, one lawyer to another - never, ever, ever recommend your own firm on here. Ever.

You'll see someone ask a question about cars, and it's fine for 20 mechanics to offer their services. Lawyers are 110% banned from doing so. Refusal to follow this unwritten code meets with countless abusive posts.

Thought you should know! :)

There is no legal ban on solicitors' advertising. There did used to be but it was repealed decades ago.

And I was recommending a colleague (not myself)!

There is no legal ban on solicitors' advertising. There did used to be but it was repealed decades ago.

And I was recommending a colleague (not myself)!

Oh dear.

Sense the sarcasm. (Actually it wasn't even sarcasm - just read the post in full and take in the context!)

I will leave you to fight in vain to justify our chosen career on here.

Good luck! :)

But coal mining is by far the most common cause of subsidence in yorkshire.

No answer to the straightforward enquiry about your prices, then?

Yes. Coal Mining Searches are at fixed fees, irrespective of solicitor.

See the Coal Authority website, as it lists the array available: http://coal.decc.gov.uk/en/coal/cms/services/reports/reports.aspx

Just used Taylor and Emmet, very good, and got a quote at the beginning that was exactly what i paid for, nothing hidden. Would recommend

seconded:)

Always ask any solicitor whether all outpayments shown were what was paid-out (i.e. must not include any 'secret' profit element).

Try coates solicitors at mosborough. excellent down to earth and reasonaly priced

I totally agree, we just completed on a house with Coates and couldn't recommend them enough! Very reasonably priced too, almost halved the quote we got from the Estate Agent's preferred solicitor :D

Mod Note:-

Threads merged, Please use the search facility before creating new threads.

For some reason on post number 2 it has cut off your signature. I think it is something to do with the adverts and not your fault :hihi:

I was trying to explain that your signature on one of your posts had been cut off by the forums own adverts when I view the thread, therefore you were not trying to hide your signature, it has something to do with the settings on the forum.

I will make sure I do not bother next time :)

Some posts have now been removed. Lets leave the off topic arguments please.