Petrified too have wisdom tooth took out

I had all my wisdom teeth took out before they came through as I hadn't enough room. This about 40 yrs ago and I didn't feel a thing.

Last month I had a bad molar removed,and you don't even feel the injection as the dentist numbs your gum with something on cotton wool.

Hope you get on ok.

I had all mine out at one go - didnt feel a thing, just hated the noise - it sounded like splintering wood !!!

Same here, its the grinding/grating noise.I enjoy going to my dentist, all the female staff are fit at PDC :D

Edited by Total Chaos

Ive had one removed as there wasnt enough room for the top one to come through and was so glad to have it out was in pain for a week, never been scared of a Dentist, went to the one I been to as a child Deepcar Practice (private couldn't get on nhs at the time ) if I could have afford it I would have had the other three out! Nothing to worry about I can asure you, you wont feel anything just hear some grinding noise. Take someone with someone with you for support if that will make you feel better, good luck and try not to panic xx

but I will say this I certaintly would NOT go to charles clifford-a student attending my teeth? no way and I don't car if it is free!

Had all 4 of my impacted wisdom teeth removed at once, under a general at Hallamshire. It was either that, or have two out at a time (different dates) under a local. A bit sore after the procedure, but was issued with painkillers etc. You will be fine!

Had one of mine out at the hospital with local anesthetic. The surgeon had to cut the gum and using an instrument to push the tooth to loosen it. I was fighting by pushing back. He pushed and pull and eventually after a struggle the tooth came out. Then a few stitches to patch up.

My wisdom tooth was giving me problem with swollen gum so it was best to have it out.

My son had to have a 4 taken out in hospital under general anesthetic, after getting infection after infection , they couldnt operate until all the infection was cleared , but as soon as one abcess was gone another would start, this went on for about 2 months, he lost nearly 3 stone in weight because the antibiotics were so strong they made him sick, he couldnt sleep because of the pain and was in a terrible state, and he was terrified . Now he can sit in the dentist chair and have a filling totally unfazed. If he had got things sorted out sooner things would never have got so bad.

I had all four of mine taken out recently at Charles Clifford Dental Hospital. They did two at one side first then about a month later I had the other side done. Before I went I was petrified but it was no where near as bad as I had imagined. I didn't feel a thing and afterwards I just had to swill my mouth with salt water and used over the counter pain killers for a couple of days but it was completely fine and I had no problems whatsoever.

I had my upper right one removed last week following 6 weeks of miserable pain.

I had the injection, it was uncomfortable but not too bad and then had the tooth out...

It took my Dentist longer to raise the chair into position than it took him to pull the tooth out.

I then went to work and was eating a Sausage and Egg buttie just 3 hours later. :D

Many times over the weeks leading up to the extraction, the pain was so bad that i would have seriously considered removing it myself if i had the slightest idea how to do it. The Dentist did it in seconds and without any pain whatsoever.