The IKEA in Sheffield thread

Sheffield will never be able to call itself a city unless it accepts and welcomes something like an IKEA.

Sheffield will remain a historical town staying away from development and movement. Don't misunderstand me I am not against standing still in development, just laugh at council screaming while they are flapping their wings and they don't even know how to fly into the sky.

Ah IKEA, that sine qua non of civic pride. It says very little for Sheffield that this thread has run for over a hundred pages.

It's just a shop.

Ah IKEA, that sine qua non of civic pride. It says very little for Sheffield that this thread has run for over a hundred pages.

It's just a shop.

I don't need Ikea anymore but in my younger years it was important to have some more affordable furniture for a budget that matched my reality.

Sheffield council is making criminal selfish decisions telling people to go to leeds or nothingham in a world where many people need an Ikea for that it is the only place they can go to with their budget.

Sheffield will never be able to call itself a city unless it accepts and welcomes something like an IKEA.

Too true. Whenever I go on holiday I never think about going to see the Taj Mahal, Eiffel Tower, Parthenon or Coliseum. I just get a list of cities that have an IKEA as I know that cities like that will be full of open-minded people who never fail to look at urban planning in an objective and rational way.

---------- Post added 09-12-2013 at 11:04 ----------

I don't need Ikea anymore but in my younger years it was important to have some more affordable furniture for a budget that matched my reality.

And IKEA is the only shop in the world that sells such stuff.

All poor lower income people, of Sheffield are abused by the council and should get together as a group and sue council in court for compensation for not giving them easy access to affordable ikea furniture.

---------- Post added 09-12-2013 at 18:18 ----------

Wow 118 pages this is a big issue.

All poor lower income people, of Sheffield are abused by the council and should get together as a group and sue council in court for compensation for not giving them easy access to affordable ikea furniture.

---------- Post added 09-12-2013 at 18:18 ----------

Wow 118 pages this is a big issue.

Just what are you on? Sue the council? You could buy the IKEA furniture you require on line, not sure why we need a store at all in Sheffield.

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/customer_service/shop_online/all_about_shop_online.html

Just what are you on? Sue the council? You could buy the IKEA furniture you require on line, not sure why we need a store at all in Sheffield.

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/customer_service/shop_online/all_about_shop_online.html

Not everyone has internet access. But if that's the case re: online shopping, we can close half the city's shops.

Edited by byeo

Not everyone has internet access. But if that's the case re: online shopping, we can close half the city's shops.

Is that not the problem? Most people on here claim they can get things online cheaper, they go into stores to look then buy online. BTW every library in Sheffield has internet access, use it or lose it.

Is that not the problem? Most people on here claim they can get things online cheaper, they go into stores to look then buy online. BTW every library in Sheffield has internet access, use it or lose it.

There is no difference in price in store or online with Ikea. Who would really go to a library to do some online shopping ? Clutching at straws me thinks.