Free handyman service?

is he the "GENREAL" handyman?

:hihi:

I have a number of smallish jobs that need doing around my house such as tap washers changing, bath sealing, floorboard replacing, light fitting hanging, guttering repairing, aerial wire moving, old radiators bleeding etc.... and would like quotes on hiring someone for around 8 hours to get these things done. Does anyone know of a charitable handyman service as money is quite tight?

Bath sealing and radiator bleeding - a doddle. Have a go yourself.

Is it a combi boiler (bit more difficult to do if it is)? Do you know how to tell? Total cost - about 50p for a bleed key.

Sealing a bath - get some masking tape, sealant and gun and a wet finger. About £8 (if that) in total.

Once you start with the easy jobs, you may be able to tackle more tricky ones.

G

[EDIT]

When I bought my first house, I had to be shown how to drill a hole in a wall!

After a while, I took on more and more including plumbing - put my own central heating in (apart from the gas bit). Replaced the bathroom (two houses).

Installed burglar alarm.

Decking at last house and this.

Even though I say it myself, I made a better job than some so called 'professional' jobs that I've since seen.

[/EDIT]

Edited by big_g

i am cheap, but not free. message me with the work and ill give you a quote

Does anyone know of any free handyman services or something very cheap? I have a number of things that need doing around my house but money is very tight and I'm short of options.

Thanks

I'm pretty cheap, and will thrown in a hoilday to Spain (only a month mind) and will provide free drinks (strong or mild) and will pay someone else to do it for you. As we sit drinking champers and scoff cavier watching them work on their tasks. Plus we can hang.

All you are going to get for next to nothing is a couple of untrained monkeys !

What exactly are you wanting doing ?

Thanks

I'm pretty cheap, and will thrown in a hoilday to Spain (only a month mind) and will provide free drinks (strong or mild) and will pay someone else to do it for you. As we sit drinking champers and scoff cavier watching them work on their tasks. Plus we can hang.

Been following you on FB thought you were in Skeggy? You are just winding him up arent you ? you arent really gonna throw a spanish holiday in when you only have a 2 berth on coral beach with a fridge full of tesco 2 stripe :hihi::hihi:

Been following you on FB thought you were in Skeggy? You are just winding him up arent you ? you arent really gonna throw a spanish holiday in when you only have a 2 berth on coral beach with a fridge full of tesco 2 stripe :hihi::hihi:

Well! I just like to give help and advice, as you know!! :hihi:

Does anyone know of any free handyman services or something very cheap? I have a number of things that need doing around my house but money is very tight and I'm short of options.

Thanks

try http://www.sheffieldhandyman1thatcan.com

---------- Post added 21-05-2013 at 00:07 ----------

http://www.sheffieldhandyman1thatcan.com they very competative

if you are a council tenant they are now doing a free handy man service for old or disabled

if that helps its by kier there repair people

A few years ago, I bought a drill and started a basic toolbox and added to it as the jobs piled up - I bought a DIY book, Google everything incessantly - and feel a kind of pride that certain jobs I can do myself. But if i need an expert to come and do something, then I understand i must pay their rate, no question. I have found some brilliant professionals on this forum when that has been the case. being female, alone and on a low income is no excuse to come on here begging for free services- sorry if that offends anyone - nice try.

A few years ago, I bought a drill and started a basic toolbox and added to it as the jobs piled up - I bought a DIY book, Google everything incessantly - and feel a kind of pride that certain jobs I can do myself. But if i need an expert to come and do something, then I understand i must pay their rate, no question. I have found some brilliant professionals on this forum when that has been the case. being female, alone and on a low income is no excuse to come on here begging for free services- sorry if that offends anyone - nice try.

The op is asking if there is a free or cheap service so not really asking somebody to do it for free, that's the way I read the op.

To the op, seeing as you are not an OAP there is no free handyman service offered by any association that I know of.

Edited by mafya