New footage released at Ian Tomlinson's inquest.

He was an alchoholic. He was drunk, he mouthed off, he got a push, he fell down and he died, did he die because he was drunk, and therefore unable to control himself, did he mouth off because his behaviour was dictated by his alchohol intake, did he refuse to move when told to, all yes I believe.

It's easy to attack a dead man's character, isn't it:rant:. Odd that you mention nothing of the previous attack on the BBC camera man:loopy:.

Harwood: At the time I wrote this, I thought I fell to the floor.

Thornton: Do you now accept that this is not correct?

Harwood: Yes

Thornton: That you lost your baton – that is not correct?

Thornton: That you received a blow to the head – that is not correct?

Thornton: And that there were violent and dangerous confrontations – that is not correct?

Harwood: Yes.

Thornton: And you were struck by a missile – that is not correct?

Harwood: At the time I wrote this, I thought I fell to the floor.

Thornton: Do you now accept that this is not correct?

Thornton: That you lost your baton – that is not correct?

Thornton: That you received a blow to the head – that is not correct?

Thornton: And that there were violent and dangerous confrontations – that is not correct?

Thornton: And you were struck by a missile – that is not correct?

been following this on guardian live feed all day - very interesting - for harwood to accept that his account is completely untrue in most important respects is an astonishing piece of work from the brief- has to be unlawful killing now surely, followed by an acquittal at trial probably

been following this on guardian live feed all day - very interesting - for harwood to accept that his account is completely untrue in most important respects is an astonishing piece of work from the brief- has to be unlawful killing now surely, followed by an acquittal at trial probably

Thornton is the assistant coroner.

The coroner himself interrupted proceedings and went over, point by point, the police officer's lies.

Lots of stuff Harwood got wrong

Thornton then asked how Harwood got all this wrong when he wrote the statement on 16 April, more than two weeks after the protests.

Harwood said: "Because at the time that is what I believed happened, from the information I had, that is what I believed happened to me there".

More like that's what I was told to write.

i've listened to the report of the day on radio news - we heard that harwood aplogised but not that he accepted his evidence was largely untrue

BBC News 6 O'Clock News TV- "Harwood apologises to Tomlinson family".

Not a word about his evidence being a pack of lies.

is that the libyan broadcasting corp? no it's the british one! if it wasn't for the guardian live reports, we'd know nothing of what went on

Reading today's live updates form the trial and Simon Harwood just keeps on lying! I struggle to understand how he can keep saying the things he does when he knows about and is then shown video footage contradicting everything he says! The guy is a complete moron and an utter disgrace.

Reading today's live updates form the trial and Simon Harwood just keeps on lying! I struggle to understand how he can keep saying the things he does when he knows about and is then shown video footage contradicting everything he says! The guy is a complete moron and an utter disgrace.

I remember being in a magistrates court many years ago when some student demonstrators were being prosecuted. Similar things happened then. The policemen would swear blind and refer to his "notes" regarding an incident only for the defence to produce photographs showing the complete opposite. I almost felt embarrassed for them.

harwood's struggling even more today isn't he - having to say that ,from his angle, a man who is clearly filmed slowly walking away from is actually encroaching - I've given evidence in court numerous times and it's hard work when you're telling the truth, how must this thug feel when every detail of his account is disproven by video?

The guardian live feed is outstanding piece of journalism - almost glad I'm ill and can keep up with it between trips to the lav.