New footage released at Ian Tomlinson's inquest.

It does seem like this is a story that has been heavily manipulated by left wing pressure groups with an axe to grind against the police.

How? What evidence do you base this on?

I suspect it's taken so long for this new footage to come to light because it's been heavily edited to portray the police in as worst a way as possible.

But then it wouldn't be admissable in court though, would it?

Most impartial reports I've read suggest that the policeman was trying to manage as extremely volatile situation in as best a way he could and had no intention of doing Tomlinson any harm.

Wow. Could you provide us with a link to any of these impartial reports?

I think it would be best if we drew a line under the whole story and moved on.

Why is that?

It does seem like this is a story that has been heavily manipulated by left wing pressure groups with an axe to grind against the police. I suspect it's taken so long for this new footage to come to light because it's been heavily edited to portray the police in as worst a way as possible.

Most impartial reports I've read suggest that the policeman was trying to manage as extremely volatile situation in as best a way he could and had no intention of doing Tomlinson any harm. I think it would be best if we drew a line under the whole story and moved on.

Maybe you could shed some light on why you attacked the cameraman and Mr Tomlinson, Officer.

Let's see.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6058186.ece

Tomlinson was a drunk - he had a major drink problem that has caused the end of his marriage. If he was the kid, gentle man we are all told, why did his wife bugger off?

There is little argument the cop was wrong to shove him but assault is about as far as it should go. Remember we aren't talking about a cop on routine patrol but one face with large gangs of violent idiots out to cause as much trouble as they can.

Some drunk gets in the way and I can see how they could think it's just one more of the idiots out to injure them while they are trying to save decent people from hoards of cretinous vandals.

Wow! You try to express an opinion and out come the left wing attack dogs, parroting whatever the Guardian has told them to think.

It's well known that the Guardian and the BBc absolutely hate the police and will do anything in their power to try and blacken the name of any copper who makes an error of judgement when on duty.

This incident occurred in the middle of violent anarchist protests similar to the ones we saw last weekend. How would you react if you were confronted by a baying mob of thugs smashing up everything in their way? How would you try and maintain control and protect the public?

A lot of the left wing press's stories about Tomlinson don't add up either. They say he just happened to be walking home from work and yet they also say he was homeless, so how can you be walking home if you have no home to go to? We also know he was an alcoholic and was drunk when he obstructed the police, so how can they be blamed for trying to move him on.

They claim he wasn’t part of the protest, didn’t even know it was on and just happened to be passing that way? Yeah, right……

If you left wingers want to use this sad case as a way of police bashing to feel better about yourselves, that’s up to you. I just think it’s disgusting that a decent police officer has been crucified by the left wing press for trying to do his job and protect the public from the anarchists who want to harm us.

^

Yippee, a Sheff forum poster with a brain.

Come on. The cops had been hammered at all day by a bunch of mindless, violent gits and posters expect them to be perfect.

Screw the anarchists and hope they all die of something nasty as quickly as possible so no one has to put up with them again.

This incident occurred in the middle of violent anarchist protests similar to the ones we saw last weekend. How would you react if you were confronted by a baying mob of thugs smashing up everything in their way? How would you try and maintain control and protect the public?

Not by attacking an unthreatening paper seller who was walking away from me with his hands in his pockets

I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Not by attacking an unthreatening paper seller who was walking away from me with his hands in his pockets

Or a drunk that was deliberately getting in the way of police forming a line to repel the rioters.

Sort of depends on what you see and what you've just seen.