They never taught me this in Psychology at Uni!

Just seen on the internet where an American university is ' under a cloud ' for allowing sexual toys to be demonstrated-----with a live, female model----at one of its lectures. The Dean is looking into the matter [ ! ].

We all know that the U.K. often follows American ' fashion ' in various fields. Are we, then, in for a surprise......or a shock.......at one or both of Sheffield 's seats of learning ?

If we do follow suit, I wonder if class attendance percentages will go up.......or down ?

Just seen on the internet where an American university is ' under a cloud ' for allowing sexual toys to be demonstrated-----with a live, female model----at one of its lectures. The Dean is looking into the matter [ ! ].

We all know that the U.K. often follows American ' fashion ' in various fields. Are we, then, in for a surprise......or a shock.......at one or both of Sheffield 's seats of learning ?

If we do follow suit, I wonder if class attendance percentages will go up.......or down ?

probably both lol,

Very quick, hotrock, very quick !

Where do I sign up for this course because it must be very eye opening!

"Attention students, today we have a special guest who's come to demonstrate......"

Edited by Paddy

A US university president has said he is "disturbed" by a Psychology lecture where a woman and her partner demonstrated a sex toy as part of lecture on human seuality and the female orgasm.

Apparently attendance wasn't compulsory but over 100 students stayed behind to watch the "session"

Didn't happen in my day.

:hihi:

She was probably 90 year old!

Sure make her false teeth rattle!!

Where do I sign up for this course because it must be very eye opening!

"Attention students, today we have a special guest who's come to demonstrate......"

".......Katey price, live on her new T.V. show "Get Me In There"".

The study of sexual culture can be part of quite a few relevant disciplines at University such as Anthropology, Sociology, etc; I remember an archaeology lecture by a visiting speaker about 'Gay' Archaeology, and it was surprising how much ancient depiction and other evidence of homosexuality exists.

What I would be far more worried about in relation to academia is the growing scandal surrounding institutes such as London School Of Economics and some other London based institutions such as Bexley/Greenwich University, about funding from certain despotic Libyan Fascists...:rant:

From the report in the Chicago Tribune:

"The woman undressed and got on stage with her male partner, who used a device that looks like a machine-powered saw with a phallic object instead of a blade."

The Tribune also has a photo of the happy couple.

Threads merged.

I suspect he's a bit too late.

She's probably gone home by now.:hihi: