Losing sleep over this mouse - help!

Jubly

You won't ever catch em no matter how determined or smart you are, they learn very quickly. Traps are 50/50, they only meet their maker if they're unlucky. Best bet is an air rifle, corner the little sucker with books, boxes etc and bang...

Trust me, I've done it on many many occasions, they won't sit in plain view, maybe behind washer, wardrobe etc but if you corner them and they can't escape they sit very very still...

No Rambo, just tried every other method and found that to have a higher success ratio. I used to get at least 2-3 a month, for over 2 yrs and traps have probably only ever killed 4, and none have ever got clean away and moved out so says something.

Borrow a cat. Best hardware shop is probably in Broomhill - Williamsons (head up to childrens hospital and western park, keep going past Goodwin sports centre etc ) Its aimed at students so stuff is cheap and they always seem to have what I am looking for. There is an ironmongers inbetween bramall lane and B&Q but it looks a bit scarey. The sort of place where you have to know the name of what you are asking for.

We had one in our airing cupboard once god knows how it got there,you need chocolate spread on the traps or they just take it off,In the end we had to poison it trap didnt work just keep putting the poison in the little tray provided and it keeps eating then all of a sudden it stops ,no more mouse.

The only problem with poison is you end up with dead rodents under your floor which in time may smell and attract flies, then maggots then more flies.

The only problem with poison is you end up with dead rodents under your floor which in time may smell and attract flies, then maggots then more flies.

Yes i agree but we ended up desperate traps just didnt work and like the poster said you can hear it at night, we could hear it knawing at the wooden shelf,I was sure it was a lone one and not an infestation , weeks later found its little body just looked like a little flat cardboard mouse poor thing.

You won't ever catch em no matter how determined or smart you are, they learn very quickly. Traps are 50/50, they only meet their maker if they're unlucky. Best bet is an air rifle, corner the little sucker with books, boxes etc and bang...

An air rifle for a mouse? Good grief....

Jubly - I lived in a lot of rented accommodation in London when I was younger and we had mice in every one. The problem was always sorted with a few traps. Yes, you might get some again at a later date but it will get solved. Don't worry about it too much - it does give you a bit of a shivery feeling when you see one, doesn't it, don't know why that is. It's not going to hurt you though. Be thankful you weren't sitting in the bath when one popped its head out of a hole near the taps where some pipes were!!