Losing sleep over this mouse - help!

Jubly

OMG im sat here cringing , hate mice with a passion , my worst phobiA....if ur in rented accomadation and you get mice the tenancy is void and you can look elsewhere for a home, i did this when we got mice , it took me 4 daYS to find a house and move out i wasnt sharin my home with the things!!! :/

If you have 1 mouse you have a family so get 2 traps,i had never had a mouse until last year i thought i had 1, i didnt buy a trap for a couple of weeks until it ran over my foot while i was online,then the poor little thing had to go.I got a trap from wilkies dropped a couple of peas on kitchen foor put one one the trap sat at the computer then i heard the trap snap shut.

that was the first,every 10-15 the trap snapped in just a short time from tea to supper i caught 17. i was upset it would have been better if i could have got them out alive. (they also like peanut butter) they where only tiny & by then i had got another 2 traps & put one upstairs & thats where i got mom & pop. not had any since, they were gone in 5 days

The noise from the little b... lighters scrabbling about, especially if you have no carpets/ have laminate floors is terrible, Julado!

I must just be a rodent fan :hihi:

About 30 years ago I lived in a bedsit in London. It had a lino floor....and a hole where mice could get in. I didn't like them at the time but left food near the hole for it/them to save them scrabbling about looking.

Thing is I didn't think about putting down any water and I was totally gutted when the mouse stopped calling....and Dave moving an old motorcycle tyre outside on the other side of the wall to find a mouse floating dead in the water that had collected on the inside....be free little rodent :(

When I moved to Sheffield I started keeping rats...so I wouldn't mind the noise of a little rodent in my room at night......beats the snoring from the other side of the bed hands down :hihi:

My next door neighbour told me that she was having problems with mice last year. At the time we were half way through having some work done on our fireplace and the fire had been removed.

The following day we were watching TV when a mouse ran out from the fireplace and ran straight across the middle of the floor between us and then tried to take cover under the dog's tummy. Molly jumped up backwards and started barking at it and it then headed off under the sofa.

Uttering comments like 'stupid creature, doesn't it know I've got 4 cats?' and similar under my breath I went to get the old trap that I keep hanging about just in case and set it up right next to the hole in the wall where it had come out, baited with peanut butter.

The trap worked on the very first night; I almost felt guilty that the poor creature was so stupid that it didn't even run round it for a few weeks before giving in.

Still, I suppose it could have been trying to escape Billy the worm slayer at the time, so it could have been a less messy end than if he'd got hold of it.

I must just be a rodent fan :hihi:

About 30 years ago I lived in a bedsit in London. It had a lino floor....and a hole where mice could get in. I didn't like them at the time but left food near the hole for it/them to save them scrabbling about looking.

Thing is I didn't think about putting down any water and I was totally gutted when the mouse stopped calling....and Dave moving an old motorcycle tyre outside on the other side of the wall to find a mouse floating dead in the water that had collected on the inside....be free little rodent :(

When I moved to Sheffield I started keeping rats...so I wouldn't mind the noise of a little rodent in my room at night......beats the snoring from the other side of the bed hands down :hihi:

I don't mind Fancy rats, and Fancy mice, at all, it's the little blighters that chew through your cereal packets, and paperwork, the "wild" mice that I find annoying. (and leave poos and wee all over :gag:)

I had an invasion of mice, about four years ago when a neighbour behind us was having a massive extension built, and the work disrupted their mice so much they moved out into mine. It was a nightmare.

I am convinced I've still got one hanging about in the broom cupboard under the stairs.

I can hear the odd scrabble coming from behind the telly, or behind the sofa, and the cats will sit, staring intently at the space under the telly, for hours.

You can call enviromental health and they will come and sort it out for you, and if you live in rented accomidation your land lord will foot the bill for this. (if there is one).

enviromental healths number is 2037410, just give them a ring and explain your problem, they are a really good service.

Ah but Mr Scriven now charges you £38 for this service... Roll on May elections!

We have one at the moment, the little bugger is taunting me every day. It's the time of year everyone will be getting mice as they tend to come in for the warmth during the winter months.

Have one of the humane traps with peanut butter inside but the little sod hasn't been in yet.

Not doing any damage from what I can tell so not overly fussed but be nice to get him outta there!