Area Snobbery in Sheffield

Can I put Dore, Sheffield 17, Derbyshire, coz Dore was once in Derbyshire..? If so, might get the potholes sorted quicker??!!! Just a thought!

yup - Dronfield just got the road through the middle of town resurfaced..... after the damage from the winter snows :hihi:

Edited by Scozzie

tut tut with with things what some people are going through in Sheffield and all people can care about is where people think they live, get a life!!!!!!!What a selfish society we live in :(

Agree...:rolleyes:

Some people on the parson cross say there ecclesfield, Ecclesfield is S35, the cross is S5

, Also when i worked for a company ( large company) When they had interviews they would sort through the application forms and bin the following Wybourn, parson cross, netherthorpe, shiregreen, manor etc, any area they thought was rough the poor person never got a chance! Very unfair, Like most rough areas its only a few families that are scum and ruining it

as an ex wybournite i can honestly say on my cv i would put s2 instead of wybourn just in case... lol

Had some problems years ago with job applications, but they didn't realise we live on a Council estate until it was too late! They were suprised any Council houses left round here, but (be afraid, be VERY afraid) there are still some lurking...!:o:o:o How stereotypical to judge people by their Postcodes or even tenure type, but sadly this does sometimes still happen today...:confused:

tut tut with with things what some people are going through in Sheffield and all people can care about is where people think they live, get a life!!!!!!!What a selfish society we live in :(

I totally agree!

When I read the thread title I thought it would be about the ignorant people who slate certain areas of Sheffield on here although they have never stepped foot in them! Silly me!

Looking at a map of Sheffield earlier this week I saw Summerfield as the area in Broomhill, bordered by Glossop Rd. Ashdell Rd. and Fulwood Rd. I'd never heard of it.

Also Port Mahon. This was around the top of Oxford St.

According to google maps Manor is Norton! sure that won't go down well with a few!!

Get ready faw the lawsuits!!!! Greno is Ecclesfield, according to Google Street View...

I must admit though, If i put my home address in the sat nav it says parson cross, when infact its ecclesfield! That does annoy me lol

Oh wind your neck in.

What do you want us to do? Mope around 24 hours a day and perform Opus Dei rituals on ourself to purge our souls of evil?

Don't worry! SatNav gets most places wrong! Like the lorry driver that was in Spain looking for Gibraltor and SatNav took him to the Nature Reserve, Gibraltor Point, just outside Skegness... :o