Area Snobbery in Sheffield

Benny (Dog's of war) now claims to live in Handsworth rather than admit that he's from High Green!

I have heard some people refer to Netherthorpe as "Lower Walkley", and even one person on these boards refer to the area around the KFC/Netto on Middlewood Road as "Little Hillsborough"! :D

Are there any other areas of Sheffield which people have heard described as somewhere different to make them sound better? Manor Top as "Higher Intake" perhaps? :D

Manor top is not as bad as Intake. It isn't even that bad anyhow. It is amusing how it has a bad reputation, when areas like Netheredge are classed as 'nice', yet when people come on here to complain about crime, they are complaining about violence and burglary in areas like Netheredge more often than not.

The crime on the Manor tends to be some idiots riding a motorcycle, pulling wheelies etc (risking harm to themselves), or car theft (and anybody driving WITH INSURANCE, need not really worry about car theft).

Some people on the parson cross say there ecclesfield, Ecclesfield is S35, the cross is S5

, Also when i worked for a company ( large company) When they had interviews they would sort through the application forms and bin the following Wybourn, parson cross, netherthorpe, shiregreen, manor etc, any area they thought was rough the poor person never got a chance! Very unfair, Like most rough areas its only a few families that are scum and ruining it

Do you mean the top of Heeley bottom.

Or the bottom of Heeley top?

Or in between at Heeley Green :)

The old boundaries of Heeley were the Meers brook, the Sheaf and the old park boundary (Myrtle road and Derby street) out to Hurlfied. Buck Wood view is approx the old eastward boundary.

Edited by Greybeard

Some people on the parson cross say there ecclesfield, Ecclesfield is S35, the cross is S5

, Also when i worked for a company ( large company) When they had interviews they would sort through the application forms and bin the following Wybourn, parson cross, netherthorpe, shiregreen, manor etc, any area they thought was rough the poor person never got a chance! Very unfair, Like most rough areas its only a few families that are scum and ruining it

Post codes don't relate very well to districts, my post code is S6 but I live in Bradfield not with the riff-raff of Hillsboro' :D

The simple way to filter the riff-raff out is to only accept applications and arrange an interview. The riff-raff seldom apply, let alone attend an interview.

I know someone that lives in Parson Cross who is adamant he lives in Grenoside :hihi:

Chuffin ell, t'Cross must be bad then :hihi:

I live in the Colley area and like to think of it as Parson Field :hihi:

I've known a few people from Greenhill who say they are from Beauchief :huh:

I too know someone who thinks they live in Beauchief, and I know its Greenhill :hihi: shallow, hollow, needs a life :loopy:

Or in between at Heeley Green :)

The old boundaries of Heeley were the Meers brook, the Sheaf and the old park boundary (Myrtle road and Derby street) out to Hurlfied. Buck Wood view is approx the old eastward boundary.

When I was young the people of Meersbrook didn't take kindly to anyone thinking they were from Heeley. Meersbrook had its' own park and was leafy with tree-lined roads and not a pub in the entire area of Meersbrook whereas Heeley had industrial areas and pubs, funny isn't it.

Edited by DUFFEMS