Area Snobbery in Sheffield

In know people who live in Beighton and say its Sothall.

I was born in Beighton (longer ago than i care to remember) and Sothall was where the swings were at the bottom of Robin Lane, together with Hancock's chippie and the Co-op.

New build flats n houses in Renishaw are being classed as "Lower Spinkhill"... Never heard of it before. :huh:

I was born in Beighton (longer ago than i care to remember) and Sothall was where the swings were at the bottom of Robin Lane, together with Hancock's chippie and the Co-op.

Jack Lyles woodyard and Jeans shop at the bottom corner of orchard lane where we got all our pumps for PE.

Yes you are correct, that is sothall.

Can I put Dore, Sheffield 17, Derbyshire, coz Dore was once in Derbyshire..? If so, might get the potholes sorted quicker??!!! Just a thought!

You just reminded me of when i worked in Totley in the early 80s and used to hear folk saying " oh yarr,must pop into Sheffield to get ( ???) Used to think,get you! You are in Sheffield! You Loon!! They dident want to be in sheff see.Its a Derbyshire thing maybe...

I live in Woodseast.

With a capital "W"

I live in Woodseast.

With a capital "W"

Never heard of it.:roll::roll:.

"W"

is a nice place, not too much agro, but a fairly nice place.

"W" is better than some places in South Yorks because it has residents who want it to be nice.

Some places ( ?) want their neighbourhood to be "PHAT"

Why??

Alex,

Do you live in Sheffield or are you a phaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalccy?

Alex,

Do you live in Sheffield or are you a phaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalccy?

Went over your head that one then.;).

In answer to your question, Beighton was not in Sheffield when I was younger.

You just reminded me of when i worked in Totley in the early 80s and used to hear folk saying " oh yarr,must pop into Sheffield to get ( ???) Used to think,get you! You are in Sheffield! You Loon!! They dident want to be in sheff see.Its a Derbyshire thing maybe...

I worked in an office where you entered a postcode onto the computer and it would automatically pick up the address so Totley and Hathersage would be Sheffield.

I used to get a regular ear bashing from clients who wanted their address changing to Via Sheffield or Via Sheffield Sorting Office or even to remove the Sheffield bit completely :roll:

Easily done but they were so snotty about it I used to tell them "Computer says no!" :hihi:

How does anyone know for definate WHERE they live???? Is the address which is on your house deeds, the lands registry adddress, your DEFINITVE address????????????????????