Area Snobbery in Sheffield

We have snobbery in sheffield? I dont think theres many snobs where i live

We have snobbery in sheffield? I dont think theres many snobs where i live

I always think that the worst snobs are the folk that state they came into this world with nowt, and are proud that they have not lost any of it. :rolleyes:

Residents of the flower estate describing it as high wincobank makes me giggle.

Well how come the post office which has now closed down was called HIGH WINCOBANK POST OFFICE.

I seem to remember some years back, 'Sandygate' developed from the upper echelons of Crosspool.

Anyone who lives in Fulwood or Lodge Moor make out that the rest of Sheffield equates to going out of a safe compound and going out into the trenches!

I'd say Beuchief is the area surrounding Abbey Lane, from the Abbeydale Road South junction to where the Abbey pub is, towards Woodseats?

That would include the lower part of Bocking Lane but I could of course be proved wrong.

We live on upper Bocking Lane and call it Greenhill but recently heard someone who lives on the top end of Westwick (Near Hemper Lane end) say they lived in Beauchief. haha!

But also tell me this...why is Greenhill Park in Lowedges?

In my previous employment in a department store, I was once noting a customer's address: Rudyard Road, Lower Stannington

Now, my geography is not perfect, but Hillsborough Corner and surrounding addresses are- possibly- at Hillsborough!

Also, the new-ish estate at the bottom of Fraser Road, originally set itself up as Millhouse Green, and had to change it. Millhouse Green is out Penistone (?) way!

Lower Walkley is the Blake Street,Daniel Hill Street,WalkleyStreet,Burgoyne road area always has been I know I was brought up there ( not forgeting the no longer around streets of Bloor,Harold ,Otley Street)

Edited by cliffetops

and the bus was called Lower Walkley no 31 also known as the little ticker