Unlucky players to miss out off world cup squad but who?

I hope Upson does, he's had a shocker of a season, every time i have watched him he has been awfull.

Parker no where near good enough for international football, Walcott flatters to decieve, Heskey im a bit unsure of to be honest, Bent might be a decent wildcard.

I think the one's to miss out will be:

Dawson

Warnock

Wright-Phillips

Huddlestone

Carrick (only if Barry isn't fit)

Bent

Parker

But personally I would take Dawson instead of King and Bent instead of Heskey. King made a number of mistakes against Mexico and is a liability in terms of fitness. I just can't see Heskey being a threat against the better teams such as Brazil or Spain and while Bent might not cause them problems either he is a better player to bring from the bench.

Heskey isn't a threat even against the worse teams, let alone the better ones; but when he plays and is seemingly useless, the rest of the team is more threatening than if you replace him with someone effective.

Do you think he will make much difference against Brazil, Spain etc. though? The 2nd forward is a major problem for England, so much so IMO that I don't think we can afford to play one against the bigger teams. I don't think any of them are good enough and we should be going with Cole or Gerrard behind Rooney for the latter stages. Bent from the bench would be a more of a threat in these games than Heskey, not by much I admit but i'd rather have him to call upon.

Do you think he will make much difference against Brazil, Spain etc. though?

You're missing the point. He doesn't make much difference against anybody, but having him wasting a space makes the team as a whole play better. Nobody has ever explained why, but the results bear it out. We're a better team with Heskey in it and only 10 useful players, than we are with 11 good ones.