Unlucky players to miss out off world cup squad but who?

According to the BBC live updates, Walcott, Bent and Adam Johnson are out, Joe Cole and Carrick are both in.

No official announcement yet, so I don't know on what they base this. Probably leaked information from someone.

I think that this is leaking from the players as they are told.

Another massive rumour - Ledley King has missed out and Michael Dawson has made it into the squad.

Unconfirmed reports that Dawson is definitely in: other unconfirmed reports that Dawson is definitely out.

Clearly at least one of those reports will be accurate. :hihi:

The official announcement is now expected at 3pm. I assume it's taking Capello rather longer to contact all the players that missed out, than he expected it to. Or maybe he just fancied a late lunch.

Yeah. Let's go to South Africa with just Joe Cole. Sounds like a great plan.

Please be serious, I never suggested that in the slightest.

The point I was trying to make was that it wasn't the best idea to pick the players from the performance on Sunday alone, as not many players impressed.

The point I was trying to make was that it wasn't the best idea to pick the players from the performance on Sunday alone, as not many players impressed.

what is best is to pick players who have played well this season - consistantly ... not pick players on playing well almost 2yrs ago against croatia and 1 good game against barcelona

what is best is to pick players who have played well this season - consistantly ... not pick players on playing well almost 2yrs ago against croatia and 1 good game against barcelona

I don't think that I would have started with him, but he would have been one of my wide players in the squad, Wright-Phillips, Cole, Walcott and Lennon. So who are your 4 wide men?

Edited by JFKvsNixon

I never suggested that either. You suggested that Walcotts only impressive performance for England, which was almost 20 months ago, was a valid argument alone for his inclusion.

Please be serious.