Unlucky players to miss out off world cup squad but who?

I never suggested that either. You suggested that Walcotts only impressive performance for England, which was almost 20 months ago, was a valid argument alone for his inclusion.

Please be serious.

See my earlier post.

I think "Walcott the best thing since sliced bread" myth should be now firmly put to bed ,He's not a bad player but He's not world class by a long chalk,I feel sorry for the lad Erickson with picking him for the last world cup heaped unwanted and seemingly impossible expectations on him..........Saying that its all just rumours as yet ,he will probably go, score in every round and top it off with a hat trick in the final:D

See your post at 13.31pm.

It wasn't meant to be took literally, it was tongue in cheek.

What do you think about this?

I don't think that I would have started with him, but he would have been one of my wide players in the squad, Wright-Phillips, Cole, Walcott and Lennon. So who are your 4 wide men?
Edited by JFKvsNixon

I feel sorry for the lad Erickson with picking him for the last world cup heaped unwanted and seemingly impossible expectations on him......

An apt moment for me to bring this in from the BBC:

"Let's switch country focus for a moment, if I may be so bold. Ivory Coast coach Sven-Goran Eriksson named his final 23-man World Cup squad, dropping Marseille striker Bakari Kone and West Bromwich defender Abdoulaye Meite. And no, there were no shock inclusions for any 17-year-olds who had barely played a first-team game, before you ask."

According to bettingpro.com, Leighton Baines, Tom Huddlestone, Scott Parker and Michael Dawson will join Theo Walcott, Darren Bent and Adam Johnson as the seven not going to South Africa. Transfer deadline day ain't got nothing on this

Still unconfirmed though!!

I don't think that I would have started with him, but he would have been one of my wide players in the squad, Wright-Phillips, Cole, Walcott and Lennon. So who are your 4 wide men?

GK

james hart green

DEF

a cole ferdinand terry king dawson g johnson carragher

MID

lennon cole johnson milner gerrard barry carrick lampard swp

FWD

rooney crouch defoe bent

would be my 23 from the provisional squad

GK

james hart green

DEF

a cole ferdinand terry king dawson g johnson carragher

MID

lennon cole johnson milner gerrard barry carrick lampard swp

FWD

rooney crouch defoe bent

would be my 23 from the provisional squad

I'd take an extra defender so there is cover for every player, I think it's tempting fate not to take cover for Ashley Cole.

GK

James, Hart, Green

DEF

A. Cole, Warnock, Terry, Ferdinand, King, Upson, Carragher, G. Johnson.

MID

J.Cole, Wright-Phillips, Lampard, Gerrard, Barry, Milner, Lennon, Walcott

FWD

Rooney, Crouch, Defoe, ...........

I can't decide between Heskey and Bent. Heskey's had a shocking season, but England play well when he plays. Bent, had a superb season, but I've never seen England play well when he's on the pitch.

I was also tempted to loose a wide man and bring Carrick into the squad insead, as Gerrard has been playing well out wide for England. I'm also tempted to play Gerrard or Joe Cole as a link striker and not pick Bent or Hesky and pick Carrick instead.

Edited by JFKvsNixon