Help! in need of some advice.

Naming and shaming companies and individuals isn't allowed on the forum and details will always be removed.

General discussion/advice re the issue is fine, but no more personal details or the thread will be closed.

Contact Consumer Direct today.

Explain where you're at up to now. They may be able to help.

Their number is: 08454 04 05 06

it comes under the sale of goods act i think , your dad was sold an item that was not fit for the purpose it was bought for ,if trading standards cant help then it looks like the county court is the only way he will get his money back,call in to your local c a b office for more information,or a solicitors letter may be the answer

good luck and hope it all turns out well

Like Stagewalker says, ring Consumer Direct.

But with second hand cars its swings and roundabouts. On the one hand the dealer is supposed to do all they reasonably can (but would that extend to them coming over to collect the car, or would the onus be on you to take it as you bought the car from such a distance?), on the other its expected for a second hand car to have faults - but it depends if its a fault or general wear-and-tear.

I bought a car from a rural garage. It was losing water and I had to take it back twice. I contacted Consumer Direct for advice on whether the dealer would be liable to pay for taxis or a hire car while it was being repaired but C.D. said no - it was my problem for buying a car from a rural location.

Its hard to say what to do. If it were me I'd get it repaired and send them the bill. If they fail to respond within 10 working days then take it to the small claims court.

It has nothing to do with the location of the garage, rural or urban!

You do have rights as a purchaser under the SOGA.

Read the link in Davyboys post

If the car was advertised as having FSH and it doesn't that is breach of the act.

Does your Dad still have the original advert or anything that says it has a FSH. What does it say i the service book? Have you the previous owners details? Maybe give them a ring.

You need to keep up the pressure on the garage, they will do everything to delay proceedin ghoping you will give up.

The car is not fit for purpose and can be rejected with a full refund.

thanks for all the comments everyone, funnily enough a few hours after i made the thread the dealer contacted my dad (out of hours and on a sunday) saying he will look into it and get bk to my dad, personally i dont think he will do n e thin but its a start!