Remember the Penthouse Club?

On that little gem of a site ' Sheffield History ' their is a thread about ' Penthouse ' with personal memories and to top it all inside photos showing wall murals done by a local artist . The photos are in colour I think it said they were taken in 1969 I doubt they survive but who knows has anyone been in the building in recent times would be interesting to see what remains inside?

• 7 years later...

I remember it well my sister and I used to go in there every Friday and Saturday night, a mix of heavy metal and chart music. Black walls with orange murals, the dj then was a guy called Richard and Mrs May was on the cloakroom, the dance floor was sticky and the toilets worse, saying that we've had some good nights in there

On 26/12/2004 at 14:01, goldenfleece said:

I am sure it used a STAGE at the back in front of the boarded up windows.....this remained until around 1983 when it vanished to be replaced by more bench seating. Any one recall the stage? It was about 4 feet high and extended along most of the back wall. In the early days of Rebels it was just used as an extended seating area, but the bouncers use to come over and kick us all off. I wonder if this was the same stage that YES played on in 1969!!!

Yes there was definitely a stage