Remember the Penthouse Club?

I remember the long haired DJ think his name was Bob Maltby he had the Quo logo on the back of his denim jacket

Went a couple of times did not rate it.

Went a couple of times did not rate it.

You were quite right not to rate it. It was a dump, filthy, shoddy and could be downright dangerous on those stairs, but it was one hell of a good time with great music, despite all that.

i'm amazed i never fell down those bloody stairs :o it was bad enough climbing up them in the first place. amazing atmosphere when it was packed :)

Sixty three stairs to get to the sticky carpet could never count them on the way down must have had a few good nights there

Can just about remember Baby Jane the go-go dancer through the alcohol induced haze. :)

On that little gem of a site ' Sheffield History ' their is a thread about ' Penthouse ' with personal memories and to top it all inside photos showing wall murals done by a local artist . The photos are in colour I think it said they were taken in 1969 I doubt they survive but who knows has anyone been in the building in recent times would be interesting to see what remains inside?