Has anyone else noticed the traffic around city centre getting worse?

In a morning I have to pass through town twice and I have noticed a very large increase in traffic, the main issue seems to be people setting off very slow from traffic lights, busses, cyclists holding cars up, the daft amount of ped. crossings, idiots who decide to jump lights and then block access for another lane of traffic.

I think if we removed all these from the roads things would run smoothly, for example, when the lights are out on Park sq. roundabout (which seems to happen alot) things run much faster, when the busses are on strike again things run smooth, when there is snow and no bikes things run faster.

Any one else noticed this?

It's because of the birth rate, immigation and the relative decrease in the cost of ownership of cars that there are more and more cars on the road.

That along with eco warriors in the council closing off roads, means there's more and more cars on less and less road.

Is only going one way and that's worse. I drive to work before 7am and it's busy then!

In a morning I have to pass through town twice and I have noticed a very large increase in traffic, the main issue seems to be people setting off very slow from traffic lights, busses, cyclists holding cars up, the daft amount of ped. crossings, idiots who decide to jump lights and then block access for another lane of traffic.

I think if we removed all these from the roads things would run smoothly, for example, when the lights are out on Park sq. roundabout (which seems to happen alot) things run much faster, when the busses are on strike again things run smooth, when there is snow and no bikes things run faster.

Any one else noticed this?

I love it. The man with a 1970's diesel Metro moaning about people setting of slowly!!

:hihi::hihi:

It's because of the birth rate, immigation and the relative decrease in the cost of ownership of cars that there are more and more cars on the road.

That along with eco warriors in the council closing off roads, means there's more and more cars on less and less road.

Is only going one way and that's worse. I drive to work before 7am and it's busy then!

Yup, all the little routes I knew to decrease journey times have either been closed or people have cottoned on making them busy too, luckily for me the missus work moves from the city center soon, so I will no longer have to go through it every morning.

I love it. The man with a 1970's diesel Metro moaning about people setting of slowly!!

:hihi::hihi:

Your out of date nick, got rid of that a while ago now.

Its usually them bloody civic drivers :hihi:

cyclists holding cars up,

I guarantee that is completely in your imagination. Chill baby. :P

And what would we do (people who can't drive) if buses were on strike all the time just so you felt happier because there was less traffic on the road.

And what would we do (people who can't drive) if buses were on strike all the time just so you felt happier because there was less traffic on the road.

Who said anything about buses?

EDIT: Oh I see now, the OP. Well he's wrong to blame buses, the ones that actually have people on them anyway.

I guarantee that is completely in your imagination. Chill baby. :P

Not really I see it every morning, big que of traffic, cyclist then decides to goto the front of the que(this is if they dont just go straight through the red) lights change, cyclist decides to take the whole lane up, 10mph crawl and about 2 ppl through the lights and there back on red and the process repeats.

Then after you finally manage to get through the lights you approach a hill where said cyclists are wobbling and struggling to climb thus slowing traffic down even more.

All this often happens due to their being a really nervous driver in a ford ka, 106, C1, mini or some other small car who daren't overtake even though the opposite side of the road is clear.

Who said anything about buses?

EDIT: Oh I see now, the OP. Well he's wrong to blame buses, the ones that actually have people on them anyway.

I blame busses as when there are strike the amount of traffic build up is much less, even with the increase of people on the roads.

I often find it amusing as them waste of money signs round the city will say something like "Bus strike, please make more time for your journey", instead of the usual "Football match on Saturday".

What I do disagree with is a bus that comes then there is one behind that is the exact same number doing the exact same route.... but empty grrrrr why....... :rant: over.

You may have noticed a couple of long things just below your waist, in the olden days they used to put one on front of the other....

:hihi: