Extra bin collection this weekend 16-17 January

What ever you do don't ring them up to tell them your bin is laden and they should get round as soon as possible. They might misunderstand and think you said Bin ladin is hiding in your house.

Trust you Sid Lol :hihi::hihi::hihi:

What ever you do don't ring them up to tell them your bin is laden and they should get round as soon as possible. They might misunderstand and think you said Bin ladin is hiding in your house.

That might be why he's still free, people keep reporting him and Viola are just too slow at turning up.

So here we are, Friday night, usual collection Tuesday, but not a bin lorry in sight. If the water supply is interrupted for a certain length of time, Yorkshire Water have to refund some of our cash. If Veolia don't collect our rubbish for nearly a month, why don't they have to refund us?

We are a family of six and our bins have also not been emptied since before Christmas. We don't have an extra large bin but have not had to resort to black bags as we try to use very little packaging and recycle everything we can when we visit supermarkets. We rarely get our bin more than half full. I do feel everyone could be more environmentally aware and try to produce less waste

they have just collected our bins & if people hadnt put their bins out they went & fetched them. thank you mr bin men :)

So here we are, Friday night, usual collection Tuesday, but not a bin lorry in sight. If the water supply is interrupted for a certain length of time, Yorkshire Water have to refund some of our cash. If Veolia don't collect our rubbish for nearly a month, why don't they have to refund us?

You may have blinked and missed the snow and ice that we have had for the last 3-4 weeks ! It isn't Veolia's fault that the roads have been too dangerous to drive a many ton lorry on. I would hazard a guess you would be on here whinging if a bin lorry skidded into your parked car or your house.

So, you haven't had your bin emptied since Christmas ! It's not exactly the end of the world is it ?

My bin has been emptied this morning - the first time in over 3 weeks. They emptied the bin and took away the 4 bin bags piled next to the bin.

Well done Veolia !:clap:

Edited by Daven

just want to report that our bins have been emptied this morning.

i live in ecclesfield and the bins should have been emptied on wednesday.

well done to the binmen and thanks.

just want to report that our bins have been emptied this morning.

i live in ecclesfield and the bins should have been emptied on wednesday.

well done to the binmen and thanks.

Same here in S7

well ours still havent been done!! we're in S5 and most of the estate has been done appart from our road and nethershire which have both been clear for atleast a week!! even roads that werent passable have been done but ours still havent!

I live in Shiregreen and mine havn't been emptied. Why say you are going to do it and then dont

What I can't understand is why they cannot fit the blue bin collection in for s12, as posted elsewhere they are not collecting it now till the next collection in February, which means they were last emptied start of December. I hope they don't empty the black bins this weekend as that would look pretty silly when there is a collection due Monday.

Bring this to the attention of your local councillor and ask them to find out what the contractual arrangements are for missed blue bins due to adverse weather conditions