Do you remember Sheffield groups of yester year?

does anyone out there remember Vance Arnold and the Avengers ? or similar groups of that bygone era?:help::banana::clap:

does anyone out there remember Vance Arnold and the Avengers ? or similar groups of that bygone era?:help::banana::clap:
There were two eras of yesteryear, late 50s to mid 60s where most of the gigging was done on dozens of pubs, dance halls, youth clubs etc

Memorial Hall Hillsborough, Coal Aston Village Hall, Black Cat Club, Mojo, Esquire.

The second era was less interesting as by the late 60s and onwards it was mainly Club Bands playing mostly the latest hit songs sad to say.

The Jigsaw/Bitter Suite in the late 60' early 70's - F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!!!

Friend of mine used to manage 'The Mindreaders about 1964'. Think there was a Dave, Ricky and a Trev in the band.

tony christie & trackers, mike and chevrolaits, jan leslie &greycats,

I saw Gospel Garden several times at Down Broadway

Played in Joe Cocker's band for almost three yrs,"Avengers".Played almost every pub and dance hall in Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster etc;1962 to 1965.Esquire,Club 60,Blue Moon, Black Cat,Mojo,Still have all my 'bookings books'.We played the City Hall 3 or 4 times.Fav: places:-St Columbas, Crosspool, Fleur -de- Lys,Totley, Arbourthorne Hotel when Alf was the landlord, he loved us.Lathkilldale Hotel,they wouldn't let us go home. Those were the days ...Keep rockin' man.!!

Edited by WhiteFender

Played in Joe Cocker's band for almost three yrs,"Avengers".Played almost every pub and dance hall in Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster etc;1962 to 1965.Esquire,Club 60,Blue Moon, Black Cat,Mojo,Still have all my 'bookings books'.We played the City Hall 3 or 4 times.Fav: places:-St Columbas, Crosspool, Fleur -de- Lys,Totley, Arbourthorne Hotel when Alf was the landlord, he loved us.Lathkilldale Hotel,they wouldn't let us go home. Those were the days ...Keep rockin' man.!!
We used to do the Memorial Hall at Hillsborough alternating with you and others, our original singer worked for a while with Joe at Neepsend gassworks.

I'm still rockin although I now use 5 string Basses.

We were called the Raiders and used to play alternate Saturdays to you at St Columbas, Crosspool. We weren't in your league. It was a good Saturday night and with a bit of luck you'd get to walk a bird home.

Are you Dave Green or Kenny Slade per chance?

Is 'Sladey' still with us? Havent seen him for yonks !! Must be in his 70's now.

Thought he may have gone to the old Barley wine factory in the sky (or more likley

the hot place !!)