Were you born in Sheffield

Were you born in Sheffield  

897 members have voted

1. 1. Were you born in Sheffield

• YES
    • NO

Born at my Gran's house couple of hundred yards from the pit head in Rossington (Rosso) :cool: a quaint mining village near Doncaster (Donny).

Lived in Sheffield for the last 45 years.

Aim to retire to France or Spain in about 5 years.

I was born in Sheffield in 1958, left when I was 20 in 1978 and have lived and worked in London ever since. I've had a mostly happy and modestly successful life since I came to live in London and I don't, for one minute, regret leaving Sheff, but I have always returned to visit my family at least 3 or 4 times every year since I left and I will always consider Sheff to be my home. I've lived two-thirds of my life away from Sheffield, but I was born and bred there and will never be owt other than a Sheffield lass!

I'm due to retire in a couple of years time and my intention is to sell up in London and move back home for my "twighlight" years. To me, there is something very unique and special about Sheffield and no matter how long I've lived away from there. I just can't imagine that I would want to end my days anywhere else!

Sounds a bit old fashioned and sentimental.... I know...but that's the way I feel!