Tramlines Festival 2011

Tonight's all about Focus @ The Leadmill. Dutch 70's prog band with a lead singer that plays flute, piano/organ and yodels. He also sings in nonsensical tongues/gibberish on some tracks too.

You might know them from the Nike advert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLG6jh23yE (their bit starts playing when Rooney's chests the ball on 46 seconds)

Utterly mad; utterly brilliant.

Whoooo!! Yer im going to Corp to watch pulled apart by horses!! Then i think were going DK to watch simian mobile dj set!! We have q jump wrist bands so no hanging around!!!

A total disgrace, the centre is just full of drunken idiots. The music is making my flat shake and has been nothing but crap dnb/urban stuff. Do the council think this funny? If they're going to put on entertainment why not something respectable that doesn't protrude into other people's business and turn Devonshire green into a tip. The stage was set up at snails pace with work going on into the wee hours of the morning so I could hear it as I tried to sleep. Badly organised, badly thought out, badly applied and full of horrible plebs. The security is also trespassing on West One. The city centre is disgusting at the moment, full of chavs. Good things are never free and that applies to music festivals as well as everything else. Horrible event and the council can **** off if they ever think there's another one. Playing music that you can hear clearly in private property is the most basic write in all society the right to property ownership, what if there young families trying to look after children and they can hear is "dum-dum-dum"?. Disgusting. Why can't anyone in the UK write a beat any more either? it's not just a kick on every crotchet.

A total disgrace, the centre is just full of drunken idiots. The music is making my flat shake and has been nothing but crap dnb/urban stuff. Do the council think this funny? If they're going to put on entertainment why not something respectable that doesn't protrude into other people's business and turn Devonshire green into a tip. The stage was set up at snails pace with work going on into the wee hours of the morning so I could hear it as I tried to sleep. Badly organised, badly thought out, badly applied and full of horrible plebs. The security is also trespassing on West One. The city centre is disgusting at the moment, full of chavs. Good things are never free and that applies to music festivals as well as everything else. Horrible event and the council can **** off if they ever think there's another one. Playing music that you can hear clearly in private property is the most basic write in all society the right to property ownership, what if there young families trying to look after children and they can hear is "dum-dum-dum"?. Disgusting. Why can't anyone in the UK write a beat any more either? it's not just a kick on every crotchet.

ha ha ha ha :hihi:

You bought a flat in the city centre. What do you expect?

Plant pot.

The line up is not that great on the dev green to be honest. There are some good singers in the local pubs though. And they have the food market there todat along fargate which is always good.

You bought a flat in the city centre. What do you expect?

Plant pot.

I don't agree that the place is full of plebs that's harsh. I do agree that it's a bit too loud. If I played music that disturbed people in their houses the council's environmental health team would be contacting me. Yet when the council are on the make it seems they can do what they like.

With regard to the "you bought a flat in the City Centre what did you expect argument". I didn't expect the park I moved next door to be turned into a field full of screaming idiots and a music venue.

8000 people on Devonshire Green is ridiculous.

That annoyed me too. Telling me where and when I can access parts of my own home complex. Not acceptable. Felt like they were trying to restrict the view of those who couldn't get into the actual park.

The stage was set up at snails pace with work going on into the wee hours of the morning

Have you ever worked on an outdoor stage build? If not, how do you know how long it takes to build one and get everything set up? If so, then surely you should know and understand why it takes so long, along with the fact that everyone working on the build will have wanted to get home / to the pub as soon as possible rather than drag it out unnecceseraly.

It's for one weekend a year. You live in the city centre. Living in the city centre is supposed to mean you're on the doorstep of the activity, so if you don't like the disturbance, move out.

IMHO, there should be more events like tramlines throughout the year.

Just been there all afternoon with my little boy. How fantastic! Loved it. Everyone was so happy, and having fun. Great annual festival for all.

Just been there all afternoon with my little boy. How fantastic! Loved it. Everyone was so happy, and having fun. Great annual festival for all.

Couldnt agree more. Looking forward to tomorrows line up, especially the noisy headliners

Spent a couple of hours in the Grapes earlier - saw 3 bands. Garden Club and Section 60 were brilliant. Fantastic chance to see some great bands and hear great music. Had a stroll down to O2 academy later, saw The Talk and The Spires.....absolutely brilliant!! Hoping to go back tomorrow afternoon and take the little un's for a nosey. Hope the sun is shining once again!!