Tramlines Festival 2011

I saw Felix at the Lounge, where they turned up to find no amplification but put on a brilliant and brave set regardless. I have to add that the audience were brilliant and kept remarkably quite. It is a pity that they couldn't stop the trams.

The Everly Pregnant Brothers were at their vulgar best at The Bowery, and having done 3 or 4 other gigs were in wine and uninhibited.

Never been to a music festival before but me and the missus decided to go on Sunday afternoon instead of just mooching about at home and must admit we thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't remember who a lot of them were except The Mystery Jets who we really enjoyed. We went in a few bars and in the main arena and had a great time. Never saw any trouble or anyone drunk.

Will def go next year.

Apart from a disappointing Friday I had a good time, if you went definitely wanting to go to the main stage, it was a disappointing wait on Saturday but there was plenty on elsewhere esp the new music stage and the buskers bus which was the best bit! :D

I had a great time all three days, was a little quiet Friday though would have been nice to have acts on the main stage that day too.

A few things that disappointed me :-

Half of Devonshire street open and half closed? I thought that was a bit silly - admittedly they did close it all off eventually but people were walking on the road where cars were driving - surely having seen that last year most people stood around on devonshire street drinking it'd just be common sense to close the lot off to cars and have it pedestrian & emergency access only?

Only one exit/entrance to the main stage area? - Again last year a lot of people stood around West One listening to music or nipping in and out of the bars for food/drink yet this year if people wanted to do that they had to walk all the way round to get there and back.

Drunken yobs - It is expected and it can't be helped and seemed to be controlled really well but i really hate that there's always a few that spoil it for everyone else. Near West One someone threw a glass or something off the balcony of the top floor of the flats there, it landed about a meter away from me and a friend - it could have seriously injured someone. Police did go up to sort it out so praise to them for keeping everything under control.

The atmosphere on Sunday in Devonshire Green was amazing!

Saw Ely Cattleman at Lounge on Sat afternoon, who did a great set despite it being an acoustic spot with no amplification, and the fromt windows open.

Best band I saw at the weekend though was easily The Hosts at O2 academy. Great band, great songs, fantastic vocalist. Should have been on the main stage.

Saw Ely Cattleman at Lounge on Sat afternoon, who did a great set despite it being an acoustic spot with no amplification, and the fromt windows open.

Best band I saw at the weekend though was easily The Hosts at O2 academy. Great band, great songs, fantastic vocalist. Should have been on the main stage.

That's the one I was sad about missing, seen them before but instead I went on the buskers bus with Dinosaur Pile up, so that made up for it:D.

Doesn't then name come from LA Confidential :confused:

gah! yep, of course it does - i was being thick, and got my kevin spacey films mixed up... :D

and incidentally - brilliant user name you have! inspired by the ad's of days gone by?

Edited by moke

My hightlights were Driftrun at The Forum on Friday night, Zapp Brannigan at Olive Bar.

Saturday it was The Spires, The Ratells and The Hosts, all at 02.

My personal highlight was the Buskers Line, had a really good time on there! Did they have that last year?

My personal highlight was the Buskers Line, had a really good time on there! Did they have that last year?

No was brand new for this year. If you took any photos/videos, send them to Bromheads on facebook They are trying to collate them. :)

by some distance for me, 'future of the left' at the corporation on saturday. they played several tracks from their previous incarnation 'mclusky' that i never thought i would hear live again, and turned the crowd mental for a few minutes. it was a good enough gig that friends came up from london for the day, so it clearly worked for the festival!

i moshed like i was ten years younger. :)