New mad ideas for United to ensure bigger crowds than Wednesday

Titanic99

Mr Benn - not arguing about questions to be answered by the purchase of these clubs. A lot of blades fans have a lot of questions. But at least we aren't denounced as

i) being fudders by our own chairmen

ii) shouted down by our own fans

if we do

Thats what adds to the comedy thread, your club is Wednesday , thats the club who needs support, cash, a new board, a takeover and ambition.Here you are freting over Uniteds successful business stratagy.

Pure comical genius !

OH dear have we gone full circle again ? Ah YES , Uniteds SUCCESSFUL business stratagy.

hmm seems ok to me. yep all gravy at the Lane. hows it doing in S6?

I know this thread might irritate one or two of our more sensitive Blades fans, but what I’m saying is relevant to a Sheffield football forum and it does need asking.

OK, I'll respond to blatant trolling.

After many, many years of being widely regarded as the second best supported team in Sheffield I am impressed at the extreme lengths that United have gone to, to try to ensure that they finally get bigger crowds than Wednesday.

No, United have brought in measures over several seasons to increase our profile, and future base. What happens in Sheffield 6 is quite irrelevant to our successful and operationally debt free club.

Let’s look and some of the things they’ve done so far:

Yes, let's.

Season tickets £270- 13 quid a game, where else can you get that in the Championship for a club with serious ambitions of going up

For one part of the stadium if renewals were made early enough. Note - renewals. That'll be those of us who had a season ticket last year.

Free Season Tickets for kids up to 13- Great for the kids, but what about the money that must be being lost by them taking up a seat that a full paying adult could have, and again where else in the Championship will you see such an offer

Only if they are with an adult season ticket holder. Why does it bother you so that we are looking to the future wellbeing of Sheffield United, and future fanbase? Do you have no future fanbase of your own?

Free limited edition shirt- Now normally when something is limited edition you pay over it’s actual value, but not at the Lane because of their desperation to get bigger attendances than Wednesday they give them away free

It's a strange limited edition shirt which will be on general sale in October. Falsehood.

Cheaper prices than Halifax for some games- So supporters of a team in a division that is just a bit higher standard than that of decent pub teams, have to pay more than those of a team with serious ambitions of promotion, what's that all about then

An astonishingly feeble attempt. Every club has the "Kid a quid" days, or the "Category C" matches. It's barely worth mentioning.

Letting adults pays childrens prices- Great move this one, lets treat 17 and 18year olds as children and then we can let them in cheap as well

And these are the people who will continue to be the lifeblood of our club, and also from a commercial point of view, be the ones most likely to spend money inside the ground too. How many millions do Midweek owe currently, and how much of it is covered?

It's nice to be in a position where we can welcome yong people to a friendly and modern stadium.

Payment for Season Tickets over god knows how many months- So they’ve even thought about making it easier to pay for your season ticket

This is a problem why? You're surely not jealous? Are you not able to do the same? Having this facility has made it easier to take my family (four season ticket holders) to Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane. The groundswell of support is such that we can look at extending our stadium further, while you need volunteers to paint the required safety features, in exchange for free tickets for pre-season friendly matches.

<snipped utterly childish inferiority complex>

Anyone any other ideas, we all know how much they want to have bigger crowds than us.

Not we don't, we'd just like to be vaguely successful. It hasn't really happened in my lifetime though. I think you'll find that you need to think you're bigger. I've said before that all this "My Dad's bigger than your Dad" nonsense really is tedious.

And some people still think their Chairman is a better business person than ours.:loopy:

Take a look. QED.

Edited by happyhippy

im sorry but this whole thread is quite pathetic and utterly stupid- your actually trying to complain about the fact that sheffield united actually care about there fans and *shock horror* want to actually DO things for them and not just take there money.

I guess after all them years being utterly ripped off by wednesday then jealousy will rear its head time to time.

although it will also explain why we have a much larger fanbase than wednesday currently.

Originally Posted by Titanic99

And some people still think their Chairman is a better business person than ours.

Is this the Chairman that is currently one of the richest business men in the UK compared to your haven't got a pot to P@ss in Chairman who can't afford to get the cleaners and decorators in.

Think that answers it all really

Wonder what the announcement today is something along the lines of we can't get any more players in because you (the fans) have let us down again

But the thread has drawn attention away from S6:) Its many problems and non activity this close season.

The banter has been fueled by two owls , one a golfer who plans on returning as a supporter this coming season, the second a cefax armchair fan,with 36,000 posts to this forum alone!

We await that potential informative post very soon at 36,000/1 it must be due .:)

Through out the thread from the very opening post, mis information, twisting of half truths and jealous bitterness has been thrown towards Sheff Utd.

The price structure £270 !! it never happened. From page 1-12 page in £270 was being thrown about as the norm for a blades season ticket. By the op !!

For months now some Wednesday fans, have thrown the "cheaper tickets" topic at blades as cover and a reason for the Owls disappointing sales, sales made to look even worst due to a chairmans forcast that was so far from reality .

The cheaper ticket issue is only part of the S6 attenance figure fiasco, yet no Owl , chairman or fan seem to be addressing the issue.

S6 had 5 deadline dates for renewal or purchase of season tickets!! united had 2.

Now another major issue on Weds renewals (and its a great idea) renewals can be made by any one who has had a season ticket in the past 3 years. Now that is a great offer. And a positve attempt to regain some stay away fans. Most clubs call renewals on the previous season only. Owls could have stayed away for over 2 years and returned to buy a season ticket for £333. Why was this not promoted and taken up by the stay away owls? Why was it not highlighted to and by the owls seeking value pricing? i feel this offer is as good a deal offered at the lane. Why did it not work? .........Coz to the stay away fans , its not all about pricing !

As for the price issue, had any fan wanted a season ticket , at first renewal date at each club, kop season tickets were £279 @ Utd £333 @ Weds . Both very reasonably priced.

Until some posters accept their own clubs failings, and stop resorting to Blade baiting as a cover up for their lack of creditable input , and start solving their clubs many issues the pathetic, ill informed, bitter posting shall continue.

Lets blame it on the close season, and hope more constructive reasoned posts develop over the coming weeks.

Edited by TAT

Dont hold your breath LB.

We have fallen in to the trap that was created or am i giving them too much no how.

Without going through the whole set of posts there seems to be a lack of Owls on this thread that do have a decent level of common sense.

Now that is a dig tit a nic, mr been.

Dont hold your breath LB.

We have fallen in to the trap that was created or am i giving them too much no how.

Without going through the whole set of posts there seems to be a lack of Owls on this thread that do have a decent level of common sense.

Now that is a dig tit a nic, mr been.

today im on cloud nine ,so i`ll stick to the facts on this topic .

one thing i will ask is ,why has no one answered the question asked by Titanic ? i fear it will remain unanswered