New mad ideas for United to ensure bigger crowds than Wednesday

Titanic99

Kids are not just 'let in for nowt', an adult has to have bought a season ticket first - and I believe your own club has used a similar policy this season, so why aren't you berating them?

You're letting in some Servicefolk in for free/cheap, is that not a good initiative? Or does that not count in titanicworld?

As for the playoff semi-final crowds, well that's just hypothetical really... you've got to get there first.....

Sounds like you should have a serious word with your messiah though - according to you, if you followed United's example, you'd be getting huge crowds... i'm sure he'd love that! You all keep telling us how stable a club you are, on the up, ready to take back the top dog status in Sheffield and all that, so surely if you got him to match our prices, he'd be rewarded with 35k+ crowds every home game, and the Sold Out signs on the gates...?

Been told about 4-5 times already as been said before he won't let facts get in the way of a dig

I know this thread might irritate one or two of our more sensitive Blades fans, but what I’m saying is relevant to a Sheffield football forum and it does need asking.

it does not NEED asking, any more than why are Wednesday stooping to get slave labour in to clean the ground up, or trying to copy a number of the initiatives you belittle

After many, many years of being widely regarded as the second best supported team in Sheffield I am impressed at the extreme lengths that United have gone to, to try to ensure that they finally get bigger crowds than Wednesday. We don't need to do anything, it's not like your attendances have been record breaking lately is it, with your decline in the last decade! We just want to get the best crowds we can, and don't give a stuff what your chairmen in the past have failed to do to maintain the ground and the crowd

Let’s look and some of the things they’ve done so far:

Season tickets £270- 13 quid a game, where else can you get that in the Championship for a club with serious ambitions of going up For early renewals in just one part of the ground - prior to the last two seasons, my own season ticket price had more than doubled in the previous three seasons, so it was about time they capped the prices! Your own club had cut their prices this season, not as much as some would like but at least they've tried, and good on them for it, in difficult times for those of us that are no longer employed/

Free Season Tickets for kids up to 13- Great for the kids, but what about the money that must be being lost by them taking up a seat that a full paying adult could have, and again where else in the Championship will you see such an offer A free ticket is only available to those where an adult has a season ticket, and is a positive gesture to bring in potential season ticket holders of the future - again, you've now adopted a similar policy, and even given free tickets to over 80s!

Free limited edition shirt- Now normally when something is limited edition you pay over it’s actual value, but not at the Lane because of their desperation to get bigger attendances than Wednesday they give them away free A thank you from the club in it's 120th season - I expect the Owls will do something similar in 2017 to celebrate 150 years? Or don't you think loyal season ticket holders deserve anything back from their club? A nice gesture most would think... a bit like you giving shirt sponsorship so generously to SCH, coincidentally when no-one would pay you more than a fiver to have their names on your shirt...

Cheaper prices than Halifax for some games- So supporters of a team in a division that is just a bit higher standard than that of decent pub teams, have to pay more than those of a team with serious ambitions of promotion, what's that all about then

As stated elsewhere, you had many games last season with plenty of free or dirt cheap tickets, so yours were cheaper than Halifax too... and no doubt if the attendances aren't great this season, you'll do the same again. United have had a special promotion on some less attractive games for many years, most clubs have quid a kid days, anyone that doesn't must either be filling their ground at full price regularly (eg ManYoo) or not be trying to attract new fans...

Letting adults pays childrens prices- Great move this one, lets treat 17 and 18year olds as children and then we can let them in cheap as well

not sure what the policy is at the other 23 Championship clubs on this, i'm sure you do as you've clearly scoured every single club's ticket section to present your 'facts'... as far as I remember though, when I first starting going to the Lane around the age of 17 (in the Bassett era!), the prices were similar then (i.e. it jumped up at 18, not 16). I bow to your superior knowledge though, if you've phoned all of the other clubs to check on their policies...

Payment for Season Tickets over god knows how many months- So they’ve even thought about making it easier to pay for your season ticket Again, staggered payments have been present for a while, and i'd be amazed if no other clubs at this level did it - do they just assume we all have a pot of cash around April and May, when there are also possible key matches to pay for? If the Owls haven't moved into the modern era and offered this service, then the messiah needs to get his finger out...

So what else will they try to make sure they get bigger crowds, perhaps some of the following might be implemented:

the rest is childish nonsense, and just as applicable to Wednesday, particularly as they're already getting free labour from their fans...

Direct deduction from their dole money

Free Adult ticket for every child one purchased

Free raffle with a free season ticket to the first 100 drawn

£3 a game for anyone living with 20 miles of the stadium

Two for one offer at the local Brothel on production of a ticket

Pies at a third of the cost price

Bring your own alcohol in to the ground policy

Anyone any other ideas, we all know how much they want to have bigger crowds than us.

And some people still think their Chairman is a better business person than ours.:loopy:

Well as our chairman has the bottle to put his (and his company's) money where his mouth is, rather than a string of PR stunts to deceive the Owls faithful while LS keeps his piggy bank protected... :)

Well as our chairman has the bottle to put his (and his company's) money where his mouth is, rather than a string of PR stunts to deceive the Owls faithful while LS keeps his piggy bank protected... :)

id be slightly worried more cash is going to but tin pot sunday league teams around the world ,rather than to strenghen the squad at the lane if i was a blade

id be slightly worried more cash is going to but tin pot sunday league teams around the world ,rather than to strenghen the squad at the lane if i was a blade

if that's what he chooses to do with his investments, then that's upto him - he's done significantly better with his money to date than I have, so I'm not really in a position to question his business sense. Although of course, he did have a brain freeze when bringing in Robbo, proves he's human and can make mistakes like all of us.

One thing for sure, if I had millions of pounds to spare, I wouldn't get involved with investing in a football club, they're like a tap that never stops running...

Before you open your mouth again and put your other foot in answer me this question?

IF the bank decided to call in the debt what would happen to your club?

In the same scenario what would we do?

one thing for sure, if I had millions of pounds to spare, I wouldn't get involved with investing in a football club, they're like a tap that never stops running...

which makes it slightly strange he`s ploughed all this cash into these obscure football clubs ,which lets be honest are never going to have any benifit to the blades . im not saying anything is untoward with the deals with these clubs ,but it does seem mightily strange

Ferencvaros obscure? they're better known internationally and in European competition than either Sheffield club! Having said that, Sheffield Club are better know internationally now than the owls or blades, with all the oldest club stuff!

Just because of his involvement at United, it doesn't stop him trying to improve his business interests elsewhere, and not everything his businesses do have to have a positive knock on effect for the blades (unless he's specifically stated that he's bought club X to improve the blades in some way).

Whoever started this thread - ask yourself one thing - does Kevin McCabe really take into account how many Wednesday are selling before he decides the pricing structure? Strafford probably would (as has been seen) but can't see McCabe being that bothered meself. He wouldn't do it if it wasn't in budget and they didn't have a plan behind it - don't think for a minute he gave your attendances a second thought - fans might but chairmans generally don't. The pricing structure as the United management see it is a good way to encourage Blades fans to attend with the subsequent benefits if it works. We're glad of it - don't for one minute think its ALL about you lot

Ferencvaros obscure? they're better known internationally and in European competition than either Sheffield club! Having said that, Sheffield Club are better know internationally now than the owls or blades, with all the oldest club stuff!

Just because of his involvement at United, it doesn't stop him trying to improve his business interests elsewhere, and not everything his businesses do have to have a positive knock on effect for the blades (unless he's specifically stated that he's bought club X to improve the blades in some way).

just making the point that i think there is a debate to be had over these deals with those clubs -