New mad ideas for United to ensure bigger crowds than Wednesday

Titanic99

today im on cloud nine ,so i`ll stick to the facts on this topic .

one thing i will ask is ,why has no one answered the question asked by Titanic ? i fear it will remain unanswered

Are you really that stupid?

If you post a thread that will mean serious debate that is what you will get.

If you post a thread to have a dig then you will get other responses like abuse etc.

He mentioned " mad " ideas, well they cant be that mad because your MESSIAH is using Mccabe's ideas as a template.

BTW- sheffield uniteds figure has now reached over 19,000 season tickets sold- so i guess these CrAzY iDeAs must be working.

if you average that out at £300 a ticket thats over 1.8million extra going into uniteds coffers than wednesday will get- you would have to charge an extra £138 for each ticket to make that kind of sum up over your 13k so it just proves that these ideas DO work and they do increase loyalty and footfall to the ground.

im sorry but this whole thread is quite pathetic and utterly stupid- your actually trying to complain about the fact that sheffield united actually care about there fans and *shock horror* want to actually DO things for them and not just take there money.

I guess after all them years being utterly ripped off by wednesday then jealousy will rear its head time to time.

although it will also explain why we have a much larger fanbase than wednesday currently.

If you believe it is pathetic to discuss what lengths clubs are prepared to go to in order to get people in then that is your right.

I fail to see how it can be described as stupid though!

Whoever started this thread - ask yourself one thing - does Kevin McCabe really take into account how many Wednesday are selling before he decides the pricing structure? Strafford probably would (as has been seen) but can't see McCabe being that bothered meself. He wouldn't do it if it wasn't in budget and they didn't have a plan behind it - don't think for a minute he gave your attendances a second thought - fans might but chairmans generally don't. The pricing structure as the United management see it is a good way to encourage Blades fans to attend with the subsequent benefits if it works. We're glad of it - don't for one minute think its ALL about you lot

Who knows what his motivations are, I'd agree that you should be happy with it and for the life of me I cannot work out why people are getting so worked up about all the benefits being pointed out.

OK, I'll respond to blatant trolling.

No, United have brought in measures over several seasons to increase our profile, and future base. What happens in Sheffield 6 is quite irrelevant to our successful and operationally debt free club.

Yes, let's.

For one part of the stadium if renewals were made early enough. Note - renewals. That'll be those of us who had a season ticket last year.

Only if they are with an adult season ticket holder. Why does it bother you so that we are looking to the future wellbeing of Sheffield United, and future fanbase? Do you have no future fanbase of your own?

It's a strange limited edition shirt which will be on general sale in October. Falsehood.

An astonishingly feeble attempt. Every club has the "Kid a quid" days, or the "Category C" matches. It's barely worth mentioning.

And these are the people who will continue to be the lifeblood of our club, and also from a commercial point of view, be the ones most likely to spend money inside the ground too. How many millions do Midweek owe currently, and how much of it is covered?

It's nice to be in a position where we can welcome yong people to a friendly and modern stadium.

This is a problem why? You're surely not jealous? Are you not able to do the same? Having this facility has made it easier to take my family (four season ticket holders) to Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane. The groundswell of support is such that we can look at extending our stadium further, while you need volunteers to paint the required safety features, in exchange for free tickets for pre-season friendly matches.

<snipped utterly childish inferiority complex>

Not we don't, we'd just like to be vaguely successful. It hasn't really happened in my lifetime though. I think you'll find that you need to think you're bigger. I've said before that all this "My Dad's bigger than your Dad" nonsense really is tedious.

Take a look. QED.

I genuinely don't see how pointing out factual information can be seen as Trolling, the thread was started to highlight what United have done for their supporters and to offer suggestions on what else they could do.

I'm struggling to see why people are getting so uppity about it, surely if you are a United fan you should be pleased that you have the cheapest season tickets in the championship, that you have a free child and shirt thrown in with this and you can pay it over a prelonged period, and if you aren't you can still have cheap prices in comparison to other clubs.

Could someone explain to me why they are getting so worked up about this?

Who knows what his motivations are, I'd agree that you should be happy with it and for the life of me I cannot work out why people are getting so worked up about all the benefits being pointed out.

im very surprised at the amount of negative posts concerning your post ,i must admit