New mad ideas for United to ensure bigger crowds than Wednesday

Titanic99

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I don't mean it in a sarcastic and jealous way like you do.

You seem obsessed with United's wage bill for some reason, why? So what if United have the highest wage bill, that isn't a big surprise for the team that finished 3rd? I bet at least 4 of the top 6 teams at the end of next season had the highest wage bills.

Answer this please - If United are in financial trouble because they have the highest wage bill and the cheapest tickets (lower than Halifax for some games, apparently) then why have they but in bids for plays totalling more than £3 million this closed season?

Do you think that the board are being reckless suddenly and now have no regard for the club, or do you think they have a financial model that they are sticking to that ensures the long-term success of the club?

Do you not think that United have a had a good crack at the premiership and have accepted defeat.

The signings United have either made or have nearly made arnt exactley going to set the pulses racing are they.

I was in the car with one of the most biased United fan's going and even he was saying where is all the money from the Tevez affair and the parachute payments and even the club's abroad.

I think United fan's should have a long hard think about what Mr Mcabe is actually doing for your club long term, he hasn't produced what he said he was, only weeks ago live on tele.

From an unbiased Wednesday fan's view who take's interest in both side's of the city affairs wise.

I would start to question how far Mr Mcabe is actually prepared to put into United without hurting his massive fortune.

He has the same sort of collatural what the old fella has at Wigan is it Whealen, and look whats he's done with a mega small club.

Do you not think that United have a had a good crack at the premiership and have accepted defeat.

The signings United have either made or have nearly made arnt exactley going to set the pulses racing are they.

I was in the car with one of the most biased United fan's going and even he was saying where is all the money from the Tevez affair and the parachute payments and even the club's abroad.

I think United fan's should have a long hard think about what Mr Mcabe is actually doing for your club long term, he hasn't produced what he said he was, only weeks ago live on tele.

From an unbiased Wednesday fan's view who take's interest in both side's of the city affairs wise.

I would start to question how far Mr Mcabe is actually prepared to put into United without hurting his massive fortune.

He has the same sort of collatural what the old fella has at Wigan is it Whealen, and look whats he's done with a mega small club.

I can understand why fans are inpatient, yeah. I don't think we are making amazing signings like when we got BT and the like, but I can understand why we have to be careful with our money. I still think we have more spending power than most of the other Championship sides and I do believe 100% that the goal of the club is to get promotion without stretching ourselves too much financially. I think it is better to build a decent squad than to buy 'name' players.

Also, for what it's worth, I think Wednesday are also heading in the right direction finally and I have no doubt that next season will see the two teams closer than ever.

I can understand why fans are inpatient, yeah. I don't think we are making amazing signings like when we got BT and the like, but I can understand why we have to be careful with our money. I still think we have more spending power than most of the other Championship sides and I do believe 100% that the goal of the club is to get promotion without stretching ourselves too much financially. I think it is better to build a decent squad than to buy 'name' players.

Also, for what it's worth, I think Wednesday are also heading in the right direction finally and I have no doubt that next season will see the two teams closer than ever.

I understand you 100% fella, but my point is if you build a side which is basiclly going to get you out of the little league into the big league the player's you have got may find it hard to adapt.

The like's of Beattie, Jags, etc etc were actually part of the plan to make you a building club.

You sold them which makes me think in reality that the fan's want it, but the board don't seem as enthusiastic.

I understand you 100% fella, but my point is if you build a side which is basiclly going to get you out of the little league into the big league the player's you have got may find it hard to adapt.

The like's of Beattie, Jags, etc etc were actually part of the plan to make you a building club.

You sold them which makes me think in reality that the fan's want it, but the board don't seem as enthusiastic.

Yeah, I agree with that. If money was no object then you would keep all your players, but I don't think that there is a single team in the Championship who is not a selling club if they get a good offer from a Premier side... Even Newcastle. I think we still have a decent squad, though, and despite the fact that I was very worried after we lost in the playoff final I think that we have made some ok signings and still seem to have some money to spend.

Anyway, back on topic, I think that United's plan to get as many people in the ground as possible is a great one.

And some people still think their Chairman is a better business person than ours.:loopy:

Hi Titanic,

As you declare, you present only factional information, please present the basis for the above statement.

I typed in google, 'Kevin McCabe wealth' and it came up with 'a personal wealth of £200 million'. I did the same with 'Lee Strafford wealth' and it came up with 'a wealth of contacts'. What would this tell me?

Thanks

You could apply this to the numerous clubs promoted to the Premiership. The players in question wanted away, it would make business sense to sell any asset who would not perform to the best of their ability, Jagielka is missed (not some much JB)

You have two options when you go up, try and spend your way to safety risking unmanageable debts long term. Or you could spend wisely, get the best out the current crop of players and then build gradually.

You could apply this to the numerous clubs promoted to the Premiership. The players in question wanted away, it would make business sense to sell any asset who would not perform to the best of their ability, Jagielka is missed (not some much JB)

You have two options when you go up, try and spend your way to safety risking unmanageable debts long term. Or you could spend wisely, get the best out the current crop of players and then build gradually.

As do West Brom for 1

Thats what adds to the comedy thread, your club is Wednesday , thats the club who needs support, cash, a new board, a takeover and ambition.Here you are freting over Uniteds successful business stratagy.

Pure comical genius !

Well, we have nothing to fret about on the pitch. :hihi: