Sheffield Flooding - AGAIN

Gleadless Road is now shut outside Paddock Hill EPH at Newfield Green. Police got the road blocked.

Just got home via Queens Road (diverted from Charlotte Road bridge) and Heeley Green reasonably ok, but slow. Queens Road heavily flooded on the outbound side. Sheaf Gardens was flooded around Duchess Road. River Sheaf was heavy but not high at that point.

Can someone tell me what possesses anyone to try and drive through even a few inches of water, let alone a foot or so? And better still, at speed? All these who have tried to tackle Heeley bridge, Upwell Street bridge and no doubt the Fife Street bridges and Newhall Road bridge ... why????? :loopy:

The drains cant cope, heeley is having it bad, i leave on myrtle rd just up from city farm and rain is flowing down the street at some speed it will going towards halfords at the bottom of myrtle.

I will have a trip and get some pics from olive grove in a bit

I'm up top. You'll be pleased to know I held off flushing the bog because I was worried the drains would be backing up further down. I'm waiting until it's safe to flush away now ;)

Was raining something furious here in hillsbrough, just got told by our neighbour their cellar is flooded, and to check ours, low and behold it's flooded and there were books stored there, my partner is upset, managed to save some though others are well, buggered, ooooo and found fungus....how nice :S