Sheffield Flooding - AGAIN

anybody tell us how high the river is at Wicker - is there any danger of it breaching its banks?

Nowhere near.

High on the weir at Lady's Bridge but nowhere near 2007 levels.

I live in a nearby building. Traffic still freely going up and down The Wicker AND Nursery Street.

I'm trying to communicate with my boyfriend whose stuck on the A1 bus in town. We live in Walkley and he's been told the 94 and 95 bus have been cancelled as have the trams. Does anyone know if this is true? I cant seem to find ANY updates on thsi on any of the fecking bus company websites and their phone numbers are just national automated 0800 numbers

how far up is it blocked? leighton road is the road outside padockhill and gleadless road is the road near the doctors is confused.com

No, Leighton Road leads off Gleadless Road just beyond Newfield Green, by Paddock Hill OPH. Gleadless Road goes steeply off to the left, up the hill to Gleadless Townend, Leighton Road goes to the right, slightly less steep, toward Herdings.

I suspect the road is closed in that area because of the disused quarry on Gleadless hill:- the sheer amount of rain may have made the worked-face of the former quarry dangerous.