Sheffield Flooding - AGAIN

My garden is a bit on the soggy side, but I popped into my neighbours a few doors down, for a quick cuppa and a natter, earlier, and her garden was flooded quite badly.

Heeley Bottom is notorious, as is the similar sunken road at Brightside (Weedon ST?) it only has to cloud over, and those two areas flood terribly. It's done that for donkey's years!

The Wicker is fine! Buses running down it and not much traffic. I'm stood there as I speak!

Wicker isnt fine to drive in stand maybe drive NO! just come from northern general to a chaotic burngreave!!! wheely bins floating down the road and water flowing that hard the grates are lifting

What concerns me is that it doesn't look like much has been implemented in the last 2 years in terms of flood reduction/drain clearance, etc. If anything, we've gone backwards. One afternoon of rain, albeit heavy, and Sheffield has masses of localised floods already.

What have they been doing since the 2007 floods? Sitting on their hands? If we had rain to match what we had then, it looks as though the situation would be worse, not better. How reassuring :(