A mobile phone that's a phone?

Well I never. I quote 'Vodafone after extensive customer research and feedback from thousands of customers has decided the next big thing in mobile phones is.................

A mobile phone that is a phone. No camera, games, music, WAP, e-mail, internet, just a phone.

No colour screen or polyphonic rings.

Is it me? Or have I been there before?

The only new things about mobile phones is

1 The ability to be fully contactable on the move

2 Text messaging, for stuff that doesn't need a conversation

Thats all I need my phone for, and all I want. All the rest is just for the potential of advertising.

I'd heard these are the latest fun craze in mobile attachments....um we have been there before....:P

Phobiles.....:thumbsup:

the phone that is just a phone has no icons or anything, so a lot less complicated for some people

over 80,000 was sold in japan

Originally posted by Shiesh

I'd heard these are the latest fun craze in mobile attachments....um we have been there before....:P

Phobiles.....:thumbsup:

My mum could do with one of those!! Bless her, she listens to whoever is speaking with the phone to her ear as normal, then when she wants to speak, she moves the phone round to her mouth, like it's a walkie talkie! :hihi:

Guest Ant

I've wondered for a while when someone would invent a traditional looking phone incorporating mobile technology. My old ma simply can't fathom mobiles - she can answer one and hang up, but phone books and dialling, and pressing little "green telephone" buttons to connect are beyond her. They'd sell millions, I'm sure. Just a simple handset on top of a traditional LARGE square pushbutton layout.

A phone that is just a phone... now that would be new. I'm forever dropping mine and in danger of getting it wet because of what i do but need it nearby as cannot afford to lose business calls, so its always rather prone to accident.

When I last changed it (as i had broken the old one) i asked for the most basic one pref made of metal that was just a phone and the assistant scowled at me and seemed to take it as a personal affront that I just wasn't interested in the things or having the latest kit, but still insisted in flogging me a camera phone as said it was impossible to get one without - now?

I'm sure a simple retro phone would be very propular as the basic phones from the mid 80's 90's are already collectors items and seem good bets as future antiques!